Proposal: Jacob Chychrun to New York Rangers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
5 1sts? no way
fans gotta stop thinking you'll see NBA-type trades in NHL

maybe more like a 1st, Chytil, Robertson and another promising prospect like Boyko or Pajuniemi or Henriksson

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
AZ has 3 1sts this yr. Their own, Montreal's and Avs which is liek a 2nd. Unless they are flipping a Rangers pick for a rostered player currently I dont see as much value. The NYRs are playing good hockey and could be right where Avs pick will most probably be. A '23 1st might be more enticing but woudl probably cost another piece. If its NYRs AZ should start with Schneider and continue.

Reactions: Nowotny

The Red Line

Oct 11, 2010
Rangers are on a good path, shouldn't do anything drastic.

I like Chychrun but some of these proposals are astronomical. If he's THAT valuable, the Yotes should just keep him and build around him.

Reactions: Fisticuffer

Heckler81

Oct 14, 2017
What a ridiculous offer. If you are trading for Chy, you are not putting someone like Miller in the 3rd pairing. Lindgren and Fox is an amazing partnership so you are not splitting that up.

I would do Miller, 1st, and a small add.

That’s it.

Calad

Section 422
Jul 24, 2011
Long Island
What a ridiculous offer. If you are trading for Chy, you are not putting someone like Miller in the 3rd pairing. Lindgren and Fox is an amazing partnership so you are not splitting that up.

That’s it.

K'Andre miller make sense as hes a very young, proven NHL talent with incredible amounts of upside still. If KAM is traded he is a high quality piece and I agree, should not need to add too much beyond a 1st or another top tier prospect for chychrun. Defense is not what the rangers need to break the bank for, they need C and RW help much more.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON

That’s it.

That offer isn’t really close to getting it done but I can understand why the Rangers wouldn’t go all in on a trade like this. Makes no sense. They don’t need/can’t afford more star power, even though JC is on a great deal. They need better depth and to not be so too heavy.

ElLeetch

Mar 28, 2018
To NYR:
Jacob Chychrun

To ARZ:
2022 1st round pick
2023 1st round pick
TWO of Nils Lundkvist, Zac Jones, Brennan Othmann, or Braden Schneider (Arizona choice)
Vitali Kravtsov

LOL no. He's not worth 4 premium assets. Thats more than the Eichel deal.

Why don't the Devils offer Holtz, Mercer, and 2 firsts for him?

Ice Mammoth

Mar 14, 2021
I doubt the wisdom of exchanging Jacob Chychrun with the Rangers.
I wrote about this in other comments. You can just fantasize about this deal.
The task of GM Arizona is to get the maximum price from any interested team.

To NYR:
Jacob Chychrun
As a gift – Kessel +

To ARZ:
Braden Schneider
Brennan Othmann
Zac Jones
Robertson

@50% ret - if the Rangers want it.
@50% ret = Kravtsov + 2023 1st round pick
As a gift – Nemeth + (if the Rangers want it).

I think this is a fair price.
I think the Rangers need to refrain from making a deal.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Some of the proposals I’ve seen for Chychrun are absurd. He’s a valuable piece but he’s not getting twice what Eichel got, who is a far superior/proven player.

Chychrun has taken a step back this year. I was pumping his tires hard last year because he deserved it- he looked like a young #1 all situations dman.
He’s made some pretty brutal defensive gafts during my limited viewings this year and his offense has dried up. Being on the worst team in the NHL isn’t doing him favors but he definitely shares some of the blame.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Some of the proposals I’ve seen for Chychrun are absurd. He’s a valuable piece but he’s not getting twice what Eichel got, who is a far superior/proven player.

Chychrun has taken a step back this year. I was pumping his tires hard last year because he deserved it- he looked like a young #1 all situations dman.
He’s made some pretty brutal defensive gafts during my limited viewings this year and his offense has dried up. Being on the worst team in the NHL isn’t doing him favors but he definitely shares some of the blame.
Eichel also is a much more expensive player with a serious injury that we don't know how he will bounce back from. That said, I agree some of the asks are ridiculous.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
5 1sts? no way
fans gotta stop thinking you'll see NBA-type trades in NHL

maybe more like a 1st, Chytil, Robertson and another promising prospect like Boyko or Pajuniemi or Henriksson

Oh yeah that’ll do it - have to have Chytil.

Reactions: Nowotny

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad