Prospect Info: Jacob Bernard-Docker (D) 3 year ELC signed

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Zibanejad was better than brassard in the playoffs. Post obsolete?
And just because you want to move a player doesn’t mean you throw him away for peanuts.
Zibanejad AND a 2nd for a soon to be washed up brassard.
Don’t make me post their points since the trade.
The Zibby trade was a fireable offence; Dorion was a fool!

We need more of that; I don't think we will get it. Some additional physical play would be very welcome; we might get to see that.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
JBD in a yr where he was in & out of the lineup led the team in blocked shots. What is one of their priorities leading into next season? Reducing their goals against. Having a guy who can blocks shots leads to less chances against which leads to less goals against.

I view JBD as at some point probably after Jensens's contract is up replacing him in the top 4 until Yakemchuk is NHL & top 4 ready, and/or being a permanent 3rd pairing with Kleven as a shutdown tandem. He is just starting to enter his prime & improve as the team is improving at the same time. In fact, a number of these young guys are all starting to enter into a time where everything starts coming together for them.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
JBD in a yr where he was in & out of the lineup led the team in blocked shots. What is one of their priorities leading into next season? Reducing their goals against. Having a guy who can blocks shots leads to less chances against which leads to less goals against.

I view JBD as at some point probably after Jensens's contract is up replacing him in the top 4 until Yakemchuk is NHL & top 4 ready, and/or being a permanent 3rd pairing with Kleven as a shutdown tandem. He is just starting to enter his prime & improve as the team is improving at the same time. In fact, a number of these young guys are all starting to enter into a time where everything starts coming together for them.
JBD played 72 games last year.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
He makes good reads defensively, but he has to get stronger and heavier to play the role that is suited to his play style effectively. If he was 2 inches taller and 20 pounds heavier he would be a good complimentary top 4 d man. He should suffice in a bottom pairing role he has good defensive hockey sense. One of the few D men that makes forwards make a decision at the blue line which is by far this teams biggest issue from their D men. I really think him and Kleven can be a fine third pair they just need reps.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Really hoping JBD takes some strides into showing us he's a #4 RD that we' so desperately need after Jensen starts declining

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad