GDT: Jackets @ Avs | First Emergency GDT Thread | 7pm MT (RIP Johnny Hockey)

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Goaltending though out the league is regressing. Just look at numbers. For example, Shesterkin allowed 6 goals on 26 shots tonight at home vs Utah. We just need to get healthy. Having a full line up will make up quite a bit for having a shitty goaltending. Right now we don’t have a full lineup and a shitty goaltending and we can’t win that way
I really wanna know why this trend is happening. Scoring is way up because goaltending just sucks.

We tend to not pay attention to the goalies when the Avs score but a ton of our goals are because the other goalies are bad, too.

Reactions: SB and the_fan

Dr Amazing

Oct 5, 2017
Annunen is not the answer hard to believe that the Avs went with that tandem again I thought the Avs would have a new goalie haha.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I really wanna know why this trend is happening. Scoring is way up because goaltending just sucks.

We tend to not pay attention to the goalies when the Avs score but a ton of our goals are because the other goalies are bad, too.
I think the game is opening up more and more. There are a lot more defensive breakdowns. Everyone is offensive minded etc…

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO

I blame goalie coaches and development. They just don't seem the same anymore. I would also say that shooting skills are at a all time high among players.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I think the game is opening up more and more. There are a lot more defensive breakdowns. Everyone is offensive minded etc…
Perhaps a switch on how the defense plays more offensively is the main reason.

But then again, dmen have never been this big. The Avs are the exception because teams really value big defensemen these days. Even more than they did before.

mackinnon29

Nov 24, 2017
They should inquire about Martin jones, looked ok with the leafs. Waive George and try signing him better then what we have right now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad