GDT: Jackets @ Avs | First Emergency GDT Thread | 7pm MT (RIP Johnny Hockey)

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
What’s most depressing… Columbus is arguably the worst roster in the league.
Tonight we were worse even without the goaltending issues. That lineup sucked ass like we've not seen in many, many years. No depth and 4 injured/suspended wingers will do that.

Reactions: the_fan

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
The Avs should be winning this game 2-1 if either of these goalies was competent. I mean Tarasov kind of has been but he still statistically allowed 1 more goal than he should have.

At this point I'm praying Putin has the army look into Georgiev's paperwork and realize he hasn't served in the army then his ass gets deported to serve 2 years.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Well the Worst roster is having it’s way with the worst goaltending Lol
aJx4LWZ3_700w_0.jpg

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
JML calling calling out Manson on that goal, but I feel like Colton has to recognize that guy came out of the check faster than Manson and has to go to cover the short side there.

That said, Manson is sucking shit all over the ice tonight.

twostroke2023

Dec 15, 2023
Face it folks. We really gonna have hard time winning games until we get players back
I disagree with this too. They certainly won’t be world beaters but with competent goaltending they would stay in the race. I think some people in here aren’t realize how bad it f***s with players when you feel like your goalie is going to let in every other shot.

Reactions: AvalancheSpeedsters

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
JML calling calling out Manson on that goal, but I feel like Colton has to recognize that guy came out of the check faster than Manson and go to cover the short side there.

That said, Manson is sucking shit all over the ice tonight.
JML should only be calling out Annunen there.

It was a tremendous display of strength by Chinakov. That was no small hit by Manson and he had great skating strength to not fall down and in fact get himself right into scoring position.

Annunen looked like he was dozing.

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
The Avs should have beaten Vegas and should be beating Columbus.

The roster still has several elite and high end players even missing 92, 62, 13 and 27.
I think you’re underestimating the impact of missing those guys. They don’t just provide offense but they’re great defensive forwards who would help preventing some of this goals against. Even if goaltending still sucks, having those guys in the lineup will win us games where right now I’m not sure where the wins gonna come from

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
I think you’re underestimating the impact of missing those guys. They don’t just provide offense but they’re great defensive forwards who would help preventing all this goals against. Even if goaltending still sucks, having those guys in the lineup will win us games where right now I’m not sure where the wins gonna come from
Again, though, the Avs without those guys were fantastic defensively against Vegas outside of the 2 goals in 20 seconds in the 1st.

Tonight where has the bad defensive play been?

Reactions: Avs_19

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
@RoyIsALegend to be fair though, I admit that I was wrong when I said that other 3M goalies aren't any better. Right now it's obvious that pretty much everyone else in the league, minus Annunen, is better.

It was a way to express my frustration at how management is dealing with goaltending as a whole. They want to be cheap so we get cheap goaltending.

• Love
Reactions: RoyIsALegend

NMAvsman

Jan 28, 2007
The Avs should have beaten Vegas and should be beating Columbus.

The roster still has several elite and high end players even missing 92, 62, 13 and 27.
Bingo...if you are going to eventually pay two forwards 12+ million they need to dominate. Or at least control flow of the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad