Jack Hughes goes for the hit on ENG, gets worst of it

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
In all fairness, this may very well have been Hughes slowing up not trying to pull a Schiefele. It wouldn't have gone that way with the massive size difference. But good on him if that's what he was trying to avoid.

But also, what a hilarious play. The emote by Rasmussen had me dying

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
I'm siding with Hughes on this one.

Rasmussen hit Hughes pretty viciously. Obviously Hughes wasn't going to be in a great mood.

Celebrating a f***ing empty net goal like that right over a guy you hit like that is pathetic. Have some self respect. Hughes should've cross checked him in the face.
If hughes cross checked him in the face his season is likely over as he would get his ass caved in

Jack Hughes build would get his ass kicked by most posters on this board, let alone a 6'6 220lb giant in Rasmussen

He tried to stop the goal, got hit onto his ass, nd had to hold the embarassment as Rasmussem taunted him

Hughes needs to stick to getting apples and scoring goals.

He has zero physical presence so if he wants to hit go for other small hoibbitish players

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Kinda wild how the Red Wings always seem to have mediocre team stats, but still can string together some wins early on to make the WC race interesting at the end of the year. They seem to be getting creamed in shots every game, but still have a decent record. That's early season hockey for you.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Is a bruised ego considered upper body or lower body? How much time is Hughes expected to miss?

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
It is nice that we got an actual example of a solid reverse hit a couple days after the OEL play

Jun 15, 2007
How are you guys not understanding that the rangers fan here is obviously trolling the devils fans with his pro Hughes comments?

Like it’s so obvious yet everyone is taking the bait. Sheesh.

• Wow
Reactions: Filthy Dangles
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Rasmussen scored the ENG to seal the deal. Acting like he didn't feel Hughes bounce off of him at all, just shrugging it off completely, would have been sick. IMO it just looked lame that Rasmussen felt the need to rub it in Hughes' face. Why give a f***? You got them where it hurts, with the W.
Really not trying to stir up the Wings vs Sens rivalry, we can do that later on in the year but uhh...

Your captain is the absolute king of "rubbing it in the opponent's face"..I wonder if your thoughts are different when it's your captain doing it?

Reactions: TheDawnOfANewTage

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Classic no win situation for Hughes, actually try to prevent the ENG he gets flattened and ya'll laugh at him for even trying but if he lazily skated back with zero effort you'd be calling him out for that too. He gets pissed off after getting leveled, you guy laugh at him for being so mad, but if he'd just skated away, he'd be a p***y that can't defend himself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad