Jack Campbell enters player assistance program

JPT

Jul 4, 2024
It’s a little perplexing that he signs a contract with Detroit and 3 months later a week before the season starts he enters the PAP. So his issue developed sometime in the last 3 months? I mean if a company hired me for a year on a set salary of 100 k and the day before I start my year long contract I enter their employee assistance program and still get paid, I don’t think the company would be too thrilled…
f*** the company. The important thing would be you getting the help you need. When a person decides they need help isn't up to anyone else.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
By all accounts he seems to be a great guy. Really hoping the help he receives will make a difference and he can find a better path forward.

My business partner of 31 years continues his life long battle with alcoholism. He never gives up but wow does it suck. I wouldn’t wish addiction on my worst enemy.

Sending Jack positive vibes.

Reactions: TooManyHumans

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
Do you really think it’s reasonable?
Yup Slick you nailed it. The program is confidential for obvious reasons but some on here want his medical records posted for purely voyeuristic reasons.

Let the guy get the help and support he requires and wish him the best in his recovery journey from whatever is ailing him in private. Full stop.

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Probably not the place to debate a moron like you but answer me this, how shit must an organisation be if one man can make a mess of it?

I know it probably makes you feel a little bit better about yourself but f***ing grow up.
im also curious what mess he's made?

Kings? No
Leafs? No
Oilers? no, they went to the final with him on the roster.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
It’s a little perplexing that he signs a contract with Detroit and 3 months later a week before the season starts he enters the PAP. So his issue developed sometime in the last 3 months? I mean if a company hired me for a year on a set salary of 100 k and the day before I start my year long contract I enter their employee assistance program and still get paid, I don’t think the company would be too thrilled…
I know a guy that got head hunted for a senior exec position in a publicly traded company. 4 months into the job He had a massive heart attack, emergency quadruple bypass . Obviously a long recovery before he went back first part and then full time. But I guess the company should have fired him after his cardiac episode because he probably was sick before he started. Pathetic.

Like others said, f*** the company and people who think that way. And I say that as someone who worked as an executive in a large company and had important people “exit” workflow at critical times for me personally in terms of the work I needed done. My needs were less than important at that point though. Their treatment and recovery was what was important.
Good grief even thinking this way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad