Player Discussion J.T. Miller Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BroadwayStorm

Aug 2, 2005
New York City
I don't want to jinx the kid but I have to eat crow. I was dogging him for hogging the puck and he sometimes looked like a pup great dane who couldn't get out of his own way. All the tools but shaky. And now he is starting to put it all together which shouldn't be a surprise since he was the same way in the AHL. The kid will be alright. 50-60 pt second line LW with upside. Can he score 30? Who knows but I love that he is now scoring.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
All I will say is that in the 2011 HF NYR first round mock draft I was the Leafs and drafted both JT and Boone Jenner.

Dunno where all of the board history went, but Toronto feel free to give me a call.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
How did JT look today? Had to work so I missed the game.

My 2¢...

He had a solid game. Some nice passing during the game and a good Defensive play in OT.

He only played about 4 minutes or so in the 2nd period because of penalties we took.

Nothing Godly from Miller today, but he is becoming a regular threat on the ice and played solid.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
My 2¢...

He had a solid game. Some nice passing during the game and a good Defensive play in OT.

He only played about 4 minutes or so in the 2nd period because of penalties we took.

Nothing Godly from Miller today, but he is becoming a regular threat on the ice and played solid.

He had a few good shifts but by and large, to me, he looked gassed.

Thank you.

As long as he is keeping up his overall game i am thrilled. He is getting the points..

Vickers8

His last shift was pretty amazing, he was flying, creating chances and backchecking

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
His last shift was pretty amazing, he was flying, creating chances and backchecking

He almost leveled Giroux at the end of it too, which would have just been the icing on the cake. I love this run that he's on lately.

Vickers8

He almost leveled Giroux at the end of it too, which would have just been the icing on the cake. I love this run that he's on lately.

Just caught a piece of him, he was flying as they passed, a full collision at that speed would have sent Giroux into the next time zone

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
How did JT look today? Had to work so I missed the game.

He looked gassed like some have noted, but he did make some nice plays on the defensive side of the game, especially on Bill Maher in overtime.

Nicely played and another reminder of just how little stock to put into some of the armchair scoutng opinions voiced here. OTOH, I loved the pick!

My top five when our pick was up - McNeill, Namestinkov, Klefbom, Armia, Clendening. Really wished Scheifele had dropped, or we had tried to move up for him, we had the chips to do it, even though we had no 2nd rounder that year(shocker!).

My reservations about JT Miller at the time - Relies on his advanced size when playing amongst his peers, skating and leg strength needs work, poor showing at the combine, low point totals his draft year.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Just want to say how wrong I was on JT Miller. I thought he was a decent prospect and then changed my beliefs fairly quickly last year. I didn't think he was going to make it. What an absolute BEAST.

KingDeathMetal

Jun 7, 2015
Long Island, NY
It's not out of the question at all that this kid reaches 30 goals this year. He's at least going to reach the mid-20s. This isn't just some lucky hot streak. He's scoring at a rate that only Nash and Gabby have done in recent years for the Rangers. We've got ourselves that top 6 forward we needed.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Exceedingly unlikely. He's played well but he's shooting 33% over the last 10 games or so.
I'll take that over the "bust" he was about a year ago. :popcorn:

His SH% is going to come down but I can't think of many things he's not good at.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
It's not out of the question at all that this kid reaches 30 goals this year. He's at least going to reach the mid-20s. This isn't just some lucky hot streak. He's scoring at a rate that only Nash and Gabby have done in recent years for the Rangers. We've got ourselves that top 6 forward we needed.

Please no jinx predictions.

Pizza

Sep 17, 2005
Nicely played and another reminder of just how little stock to put into some of the armchair scoutng opinions voiced here. OTOH, I loved the pick!

I think I just heard Gorton and Clark snickering in the back ground....

Nanaki

Mar 29, 2008
Danbury, CT
It's amazing to see the difference between a confident J.T. and a non confident J.T. The kid has the skill he just needs to be willing to put himself in the position to succeed. I know he won't keep this pace up but he is saving our *** right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad