Boston Bruins IX-Rumors, Trade Proposals, Speculation, etc.. (rumors must have recognized source/link)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

mflo77

Jul 9, 2002
Visit site
What Bruins can get for those two players for real, Studnicka show nothing great, weak on battle, average skating, no shot...do a great job on PK, thats it!

i think you are wrong on every assessment of stud

weak on battle - he is already one of our top PK'ers. "weak on battle" players usually dont kill penalties.
average skating - i believe he did very well at AHL All star game skill competition, fastest skating comp

Reactions: Mantis and Gordoff

Riley 88

Jan 24, 2020
haha Bergeron came in at 18 and looked like a 10 year vet. He's the opposite of Studnicka at this point. what an awful example to try and make the case for Stud.
Studnincka looks not ready. And he certainly does not look like a top 6 player....He is not replacing Krejci cause he cant carry his jock strap......Studs is trade bait for me....

Reactions: Baddkarma

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I swear..... if I wake up tomorrow and find that Wally has given me a “no infraction day” this is the first thread I’m coming to.

I can’t say which ones, but there are some truly dumbass takes that pop up in this topic.

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
I will be curious if DS does make a move?

You can find Don Sweeney evaluating all trade scenarios as we talk here...

giphy.gif

"We had talks with several teams about several players, in the end cost was prohibitive"...
"We can't talk about players on other teams or deals we didn't make"...
"Prices were high"...
"In the end we felt like we have a strong room so we stood pat"...

Skelen

Jan 5, 2015
Why would Bergevin make that trade for Staal, he doesn’t actually think they’re a contender correct?

Kind of a waste of picks.

In the normal hockey world, no. But in the covid hockey world, they have a shot to make a decent run.
If a player or two get covid on an apposing team or even injury, that could play a big factor into their playoffs.

Personally, I think they beat Edmonton and Toronto they really just have to worry about Winnipeg. If their cards fall into the right place they could find themselves in the conference finals.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Yeah but still why give it away for a rental when you have no shot at a cup?
If that truly is their mindset then be proactive and sell everybody from Bergeron on down.

They aren’t winning anything without help. That’s pretty clear. Accept Charlie Coyle as your numero uno centre for the next several years and tank that bad boy right to whoever the hell is first overall in 2022.

Because that’s the only sensible route going forward if they decide not to add at the deadline this year.

Edit sorry thought you meant Boston. Reading skills =not so good!

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
In the normal hockey world, no. But in the covid hockey world, they have a shot to make a decent run.
If a player or two get covid on an apposing team or even injury, that could play a big factor into their playoffs.

Personally, I think they beat Edmonton and Toronto they really just have to worry about Winnipeg. If their cards fall into the right place they could find themselves in the conference finals.

A 3rd and a 5th isn't much...plus with this year's playoffs, anything can happen.

I thought it was a good pickup

Ahh yeah true that’s fair, anything can happen in COVID playoffs. I just don’t think it’s a very well built roster, but it’s good enough in that division, and I guess if they catch a break against some covid struck teams.

If that truly is their mindset then be proactive and sell everybody from Bergeron on down.

They aren’t winning anything without help. That’s pretty clear. Accept Charlie Coyle as your numero uno centre for the next several years and tank that bad boy right to whoever the hell is first overall in 2022.

Because that’s the only sensible route going forward if they decide not to add at the deadline this year.

Edit sorry thought you meant Boston. Reading skills =not so good!

Haha nope talking Habs. I agree though, gotta go all in one way or another. Cant be half pregnant, pick a side and run with it.

Although if we do pick to rebuild, we’re in for a mediocrity that we haven’t felt here in a while.

Reactions: easton117

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Is there still a 14-day waiting period for players traded across the US/Canada border, or are they relaxing that for the deadline now that Covid is largely under control?

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Ahh yeah true that’s fair, anything can happen in COVID playoffs. I just don’t think it’s a very well built roster, but it’s good enough in that division, and I guess if they catch a break against some covid struck teams.

Haha nope talking Habs. I agree though, gotta go all in one way or another. Cant be half pregnant, pick a side and run with it.

Although if we do pick to rebuild, we’re in for a mediocrity that we haven’t felt here in a while.
Ya man. Ugly lol.

Think they’d have to actually work hard to bottom out which says something

Reactions: The National

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
What did you just watch him in today’s game only? Kid has put up points and been an every situation player at every single level. Captain of his Junior team because he does everything right. Scored 7 shortys last year in providence, won the fastest skater in the AHL contest. Has looked pretty awesome in most NHL games he has played. Yes he is a valuable prospect and you can bet any GM is asking for him when the Bruins call on any player.

Kid is physical not ready but he has the skill to play in this league. Just needs more beef

loosemoose

May 31, 2020
Studnicka absolutely shouldn't be in the NHL right now. Aside from some flashes, he's been Bruins worst forward for most of the games he's played. The fact that he is a regular tells you something about the state of Bruins forward group.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Earth to Bruins fans - Studnicka not 100% healthy playing thru stuff

I know us warriors would not miss a beat

Anyways here’s a guy on the block

Darryl Sutter makes Cassidy comments look like Tony Robins

Last edited:

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019

Yes, its bad if you think DeBrusk will regain his
health. I honestly think he won't regain it and he is damaged goods. Kessel as more goals than the
entire second line of DeBrusk-Krejci-Smith.

If you want to trade DeBrusk for Hall straight
up I do that also.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
When did the Bruins get rid of Wagner.

He's not been effective at the NHL level. He
needs to bulk up and get NHL strong. He has
potential but he isn't from the eye test remotely
second line NHL material right now or even
3rd line NHL material on a true Cup contender.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad