Prospect Info: Ives 2024 Final NHL Draft Rankings

ninetyeight

Jun 3, 2007
Finland
Thanks to Votemeister General @Nubmer6 there were polls. Eight polls in fact.

Nice one! Would this mean that out of all the people still available Holtz was our #2 choice behind Rossi and ahead of Lundell, Jarvis, Quinn, Perfetti etc? I remember being really bummed that we didn't take Rossi. In hindsight Rossi (and Perfetti) have had their struggles as well, but I expect both to have breakout seasons next season and obviously hope Holtz does the same.

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Thanks to Votemeister General @Nubmer6 there were polls. Eight polls in fact.

Now a lot of people flip-flopped or evolved, as they evaluated the hell out of these prospects, because we waited approximately half our adult lives for this f***ing draft to happen.

Last 2019-20 Devils game: March 10, 2020.
2020 NHL Draft: Oct 6-7, 2020
6 months and 27 days

Those were truly the salad days of intense, endless, pointless prospect talk.

Note: I’m not throwing these up as a “you’re wrong, w/ receipts!” move, I only vaguely remembered some of this and wanted to check myself. (I also kind of regretted doing this after a while, because it took way too f***ing long to do, but what else is new.)

Winner - Drysdale 39.8%
Rossi 25.3%
Sanderson 22.9%
link
I’m not ratting out all the voters but @Poppy Whoa Sonnet gets a shout out as the only poster who can legitimately throw not drafting Askarov in our faces.
I voted Sanderson, because I spent a comical amount of time and energy waffling over Drysdale/Sanderson, and finally ended up on Team Sanderson.

View attachment 887784
View attachment 887785

Winner - Sanderson 50.9%
Rossi 29.1%
Raymond 16.4%
@StevenToddIves played a big part in spreading the Gospel of Sanderson here in the plague times.
link

Winner - Rossi 72.7%
Raymond 21.2%
No one else with more than 1 vote
This poll shows why the board did not react well to us passing on Rossi for Holtz.
link
FU Yzerman and everyone who got me to believe (ok, desperately hope) they might take Perfetti.

Showing the two voters who chose their own path as free men.
View attachment 887838
View attachment 887803

Winner - Raymond 72.7%
Holtz 10.6%
Perfetti 8.5%
So Raymond was more popular than Holtz here, who isn’t even the clear 2nd favorite after the winner.
link

Winner - Perfetti 39.2%
Holtz 35.3%
Two players with 9.8%
Bit of a surprise, but again, this was why the board didn’t love the Holtz reveal.
link
I voted Holtz here, but IIRC it was because I wanted him to beat Perfetti, who I didn’t want us to take.

I want to point out that’s completely psycho, nonsensical logic. If Perfetti lost this one then he would win the next poll. f***ing weirdo lol.

I had a weird paranoia about us taking Perfetti, who I was very wary of. I thought if all the players I wanted were gone Fitz would take Rossi or maybe Perfetti.

For some reason it didn’t dawn on me that we would really take Holtz. (Yes, that’s called being completely wrong lol.)

View attachment 887816

Winner - Holtz 65.5%
Quinn 24.1%
Askarov 6.9%
link
Huh, I voted Askarov, don’t remember that.
View attachment 887825

Winner - Quinn 54.8%
Askarov 22.6%
Jarvis 19.4%
link

Winner - Jarvis 61.1%
Askarov 27.8%
Two players with 1 vote
link
Sanderson was special, I knew that from the get go. It wasn't so much spreading gospel as stating the obvious.

Reactions: My3Sons and Guadana

StevenToddIves

May 18, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
Lo
@StevenToddIves , you called it with your assessment of Silayev.

You said he would probably be selected earlier than #12 and lo and behold....it's #10. :D
Love the pick. He's a unique player who is already outstanding defensively. I don't think I've ever seen a player 6'6 or over who skates so well. Good with the puck, though not on the level of a Parekh or Buium. The potential is huge.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad