Post-Game Talk: It's true Jets lose 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Letestu and mashed potato out.
Good to see that Maurice will make the right roster choices next game.
Unless he calls in Hendricks????
Are you watching the games. Bitetto is one of our most consistent dman. The bitetto haters deserve nogier starting next game

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
+1 Assist (my precious!) and +1 scar (So cool!) for Laine, Yahooo!

Worth to endure with tasty Wallonia, but nothing to remember or tell to a next generation.

Next!

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Goodbye Jets window

giphy.gif
That made me laugh.

Still think the window is open...just not wide open. The team is so talented and deep (on O) it has a chance. Obviously something has to happen to fix the D and the D zone play => Buff coming back + a trade + a new coach?

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Well Betitto hurt.... never want to hope for a guy to get hurt... but sucks as that is the only way Maurice will take him out. So hopefully we get to see Heinola back next game. Automatically
Makes us slightly better. And if Little can somehow be back by thurs or at least Sunday and he takes Borque out (will be Gust unfortunately) also improves us. Although Poolman has been brutal and honestly Morrissey has been bad too. I thought Dahlstrom and Pionk have actually been so so/ok. Which is better then nothing for our AHL defence core

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba

I actually saw some highlights, but not enough.

We need to trade a draft pick for a top-4 defenseman by December.

Sorry Derf'...

Too much to fix...

Better to keep our draft picks... ride this out...

And pick well...

For the next 2 seasons...

No easy fixes with this level of deficiency ...

We will be the definition of "Fans"...

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Bitetto is awful dude, not to say anyone on defence is particularly good right now.
Not by his play compared to the other dmen he isnt. Not by a mile. This isnt last year this is this year. Wishing someone who is playing better then most not to play is ridiculous

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
Well Betitto hurt.... never want to hope for a guy to get hurt... but sucks as that is the only way Maurice will take him out. So hopefully we get to see Heinola back next game. Automatically
Makes us slightly better. And if Little can somehow be back by thurs or at least Sunday and he takes Borque out (will be Gust unfortunately) also improves us. Although Poolman has been brutal and honestly Morrissey has been bad too. I thought Dahlstrom and Pionk have actually been so so/ok. Which is better then nothing for our AHL defence core

I think we need more than "slightly" - but I'll take it.
Our D is not NHL caliber and the bench won't make it so.

Reactions: sipowicz and GNP

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
That made me laugh.

Still think the window is open...just not wide open. The team is so talented and deep (on O) it has a chance. Obviously something has to happen to fix the D and the D zone play => Buff coming back + a trade + a new coach?

Thought that the Pittsburgh was just one of those games, but tonight's game really concerns me, can they turn it around maybe make the playoffs sure lots of time left in the season, but not with that D

Reactions: hn777 and tntkid

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
Sorry Derf'...

Too much to fix...

Better to keep our draft picks... ride this out...

And pick well...

For the next 2 seasons...

No easy fixes with this level of deficiency ...

We will be the definition of "Fans"...

i agree ride it out. I can see 2 ways...keep Heinola up the full year to get experience or just 9 games then get him away from the tire fire and bring him back next year. Honestly he is probably a top 4 D For us so makes us better if we want to compete. If he goes down you accept it as a write off season IMO.... I mean if Buff comes back and Bealieau and we keep Heinola or at least play Niku we still have a shot at WC ** if its not too late by the point Buff was in shape and good to go** but as is right now this is a below .500 team as we are seeing. Rough patches....and still haven't played a contender/top team yet

RageQuit77

Jan 5, 2016
Finland, Kotka
"Jets did not get in the shooting lanes". - PoMo

Lol! Maybe its also his duty to think, invent, and train something to remedy that from happening too often.

There was few moments of actually good PP, tho. So regardless of the result, at least something was improved from the last game.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
i agree ride it out. I can see 2 ways...keep Heinola up the full year to get experience or just 9 games then get him away from the tire fire and bring him back next year. Honestly he is probably a top 4 D For us so makes us better if we want to compete. If he goes down you accept it as a write off season IMO.... I mean if Buff comes back and Bealieau and we keep Heinola or at least play Niku we still have a shot at WC ** if its not too late by the point Buff was in shape and good to go** but as is right now this is a below .500 team as we are seeing. Rough patches....and still haven't played a contender/top team yet

The Jets need to divest themselves of Kuli'....

4 mill' ….

Then try and sign a free agent D'man with real ability...

That is a tough thing to do as those guys have their choice where to go...

Not realistic...

Sanheim's got to be given a couple years even when he is here... then maybe he's a 2nd or 3rd pairing...

Niku just needs a chance to hang himself... not sure what he is... but that's PM world...

I wouldn't want to be in Chevy's shoes...

Tough sledding ahead...

Reactions: sipowicz

ATLbound

Aug 3, 2006
Ontario
I think we need more than "slightly" - but I'll take it.
Our D is not NHL caliper and the bench won't make it so.

agreed but slightly better with Little and Heinola in and Bitetto and Borque out would be a nice thing. Beyond that we would need Buff added as well to make any more then a slight diff.

Buff, Morrissey, Pionk, Kulikov, Heinola, Niku, Bealieau/Dahlstrom Would actually be amazing right now as a top 7/8. Which is sad because I said that sucked in the summer. But right now is just torture

Reactions: LowLefty

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
How as a organization can you not have a better 2nd line centre option than Andrew Copp, don't get me wrong he plays well with Lowry and whoever but he doesn't have the skill set to play with upper end players.

Him and Lowry deserve each other-
Man, Lowry had a few chances tonight but has no idea how to score a goal
But I still like him :DD
Copp will be back there soon enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad