Confirmed with Link: It's Started! (Management firings)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josey Wales

May 16, 2022
Yohe basically tooted the horn for Bottlecap & no one even knows if he has been interviewed & Tim Benz is now the hero for the Sullivan is a Big poopyhead meany crowd. Benz is an UBER DOUCHE BAG

Last edited:
Reactions: Shady Machine

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
It's funny how as usual our local media has absolutely jack shit on the gm search.

Every notable tidbit so far has come from like Seravalli, Lebrun, Friedman, etc. Rossi and Yohe just repost whatever Seravalli and them write.
DK put out a 10 min piece today complaining about FSG even interviewing Chia lol. Meanwhile national reporters tell us the second round is underway and only has new names being considered.

Reactions: Turin and Pancakes

ThosePuckingPenguins

Apr 28, 2009
Pennsylvania
DK put out a 10 min piece today complaining about FSG even interviewing Chia lol. Meanwhile national reporters tell us the second round is underway and only has new names being considered.
DK spent all season long convincing the fanbase that FSG were absentee owners and once it became apparent they weren’t, he has to find new ways to lash out against them since they won’t feed him info.

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
Why is this funny?

Look at how Rossi and Yohe conduct themselves. Why would anyone with a professional background ever talk to those clowns?

Is it no surprise Rutherford who is honestly one of the dumbest people I've ever seen in sports talked to them? He liked people who just repeated what he said.
Rossi and Yohe have their issues, and I do think they were unprofessional about Hextall (and Yohe shouldn't have written the Botterill column) but they are getting SOME information.

Friedman credited Rossi on 32 Thoughts earlier today, saying Rossi had Jeff Greenberg as a target of the Pens but who was denied an interview opportunity by the Blackhawks. Friedman said he had the same info but Rossi had it first.

That said, with the exception of a Michael Russo or Aaron Portzline, it is the national reporters who break major hirings, trades and signings. It's that way in every sport. They have the reach so sources are comfortable talking to them.

DK spent all season long convincing the fanbase that FSG were absentee owners and once it became apparent they weren’t, he has to find new ways to lash out against them since they won’t feed him info.
Par for the course for Dejan.

Reactions: hockeywiz542

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Just glad we aren’t looking at any of the old boys club anymore. It would be a breath of fresh air to get someone analytical in nature.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

FlightlessBird

Nov 5, 2005
Pittsburgh
As far as I’ve seen, he’s still touting that they are. Meanwhile, you have his own employee *constantly* saying on Twitter that they had someone at pretty much every game this year. I think she even replied to one of his tweets near the end of the season. But he still kept banging the “absentee” drum.

Freeptop

Jun 17, 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
As far as I’ve seen, he’s still touting that they are. Meanwhile, you have his own employee *constantly* saying on Twitter that they had someone at pretty much every game this year. I think she even replied to one of his tweets near the end of the season. But he still kept banging the “absentee” drum.
You have to understand that to DK, "absentee" doesn't mean they weren't around the team. It means they weren't talking to reporters :sarcasm:

Reactions: AjaxTelamon

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
When did it become apparent they weren’t absentee owners? FSG has been a giant disappointment.

Reactions: BusinessGoose

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
When did it become apparent they weren’t absentee owners? FSG has been a giant disappointment.
1684356553151.png

drinks a beautiful espresso tho. thanks Aaron Sorkin.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
It's funny how as usual our local media has absolutely jack shit on the gm search.

Every notable tidbit so far has come from like Seravalli, Lebrun, Friedman, etc. Rossi and Yohe just repost whatever Seravalli and them write.
It's been that way for as long as I can remember. :laugh: The Pittsburgh sports media is always late with shit, and then when somebody like Seravalli or Bobby Mac says it, some dummy like Kingerski will be like "Yeah, I've been sitting on this intel for weeks, waiting to see how it played out" like they're some kinda f***ing spy or something. :laugh:

Sure, bud. Sure you have.

Reactions: revine and Pancakes

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Too bad…someone needs to fire him…also, does anyone find it interesting that he gave an interview about this Twitter “rumor” to the NY paper? If it’s a rumor, why address it, let alone with out of town reporters

Last edited:

pistolpete11

Apr 27, 2013
Too bad…someone needs to fire him…

"But why's he talking to the New York Post then?!?"

"He HAS to say that!"

:sarcasm:

• Haha
Reactions: Andy99

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
IF we go with Botterill I do not think he replaces Sullivan. As our AGM he worked with and above Sullivan when he was the WB/S coach. Probably even had a say in hiring him in the first place, and would’ve been consulted prior to his promotion to the NHL.

That said if he does think a new voice is needed I could see it being Jay Leach, current Kraken assistant and was Sullivan’s assistant in the AHL prior to his promotion. No idea what kinda coach he is but I assume he was picked for Seattle because he is at least analytics-friendly like Hakstol.

AjaxTelamon

Jul 8, 2011
IF we go with Botterill I do not think he replaces Sullivan. As our AGM he worked with and above Sullivan when he was the WB/S coach. Probably even had a say in hiring him in the first place, and would’ve been consulted prior to his promotion to the NHL.

That said if he does think a new voice is needed I could see it being Jay Leach, current Kraken assistant and was Sullivan’s assistant in the AHL prior to his promotion. No idea what kinda coach he is but I assume he was picked for Seattle because he is at least analytics-friendly like Hakstol.

I am no Sullivan fan, but it's become painfully clear that in the late stages of GMJR and the entirety of GMRH Sullivan and the GM were not on the same page, starting with the Reaves mess. The final fiasco was trading for Granlund and then Sullivan proceeding to use him as if he's Teddy Blueger.

So if we can at least get a GM and a coach who, you know, have a similar philosophy, then that might work out a little better.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I am no Sullivan fan, but it's become painfully clear that in the late stages of GMJR and the entirety of GMRH Sullivan and the GM were not on the same page, starting with the Reaves mess. The final fiasco was trading for Granlund and then Sullivan proceeding to use him as if he's Teddy Blueger.

So if we can at least get a GM and a coach who, you know, have a similar philosophy, then that might work out a little better.
Tom Wilson ruined this team.

Reactions: Buddy Bizarre

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I told y'all. Accept your Mike Sullivan overlord. He's gonna be here a while.
Sullivan: f*** it I will be the GM too!

Sullivan: *trades for a team full of 4th liners he likes*

Sullivan: *fires Sullivan as coach* "he just did not get the job done, we are in late December and looking for our 1st win of the season."

• Haha
Reactions: Pancakes

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007

I think there is absolutely evidence that the GMs haven't always been on the same page with Sullivan with some of the player acquisitions. Maybe even some of the call-ups, too, given the report that Sullivan is pushing for FSG to overhaul and improve WBS.

Maybe some guys have gotten playing time (Jack Johnson) because Sullivan was being a good soldier and playing the guy the GM went out to get.

That said, there are other areas where Sullivan needs to improve. He has gotten rigid in his line combinations and not stretching out depth in the lineup. And the special teams need new life. That still falls on him.

Perhaps working with a GM that has a similar philosophy will lead to him being more receptive to making appropriate changes elsewhere.

Reactions: Pancakes

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Sully's a coach years beyond his expiration but it'd be cool if the next FO group didn't target guys like Jack Johnson, Ryan Reaves, Nick Bjugstad, Mark Jankowski, Mikael Granlund, etc.

-edit- Not mentioned, but not overlooked; any of the dozens of the C-tier or lower prospects this team's ended up with in the past decade or so. :laugh:

Last edited:

Kristopher Letang

RIP Nipsey
Mar 7, 2013
Montréal, QC
Yeah, this set of second round names - along with Chayka, who Friedman and Marek talked a lot about - makes a lot more sense than Bergevin/Chiarelli considering who FSG has hired in other sports.

One other thing Friedman noted - FSG is very flexible on how they want to structure the front office. They want the best fits, so if that means playing around with job titles in order to "promote" someone from another team, they'll do it.
If this is true I hope they find a way to bring back Sam Ventura on board. Create a new title and give him the amount he wants, idc.

I doubt that he’s going to leave the Sabres but I’ve seen his name on the lists so who knows.

Last edited:

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
The only reason Sullivan stays is because of his contract extention. Otherwise he would have been fired. No move by a GM can explain the last 2 games of the season where the Pens just gave up against 2 of the leagues worst teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad