Post-Game Talk: ITS OVER- Did we make a huge mistake on Pierre-Luc Dubois Thread?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

“Would you rather that the Habs trade for Dubois or instead wait and try to sign him when he becomes

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
So I guess this means he really is a problem child. At least if it were he just wanted to come home, you could spin it. I'm going to set the over/under at 5.5 years until he's dissatisfied

Koivu11

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Don't let this 8-year extension distract your from the fact that playing here is still his biggest dream guys, I'm sure he'll be thrilled to join us when he's washed and close to retirement like all the local bag chasing phonies before him.
When he can’t even skate anymore:

“iT’s A cHiLdHoOd DrEaM cOmE tRuE”

HabsCowboysOwn

Wak Prescott the 60M/yr scam artist, here we gooo!
Feb 28, 2008
Montréal
That Huberdeau/PLD soon-to-be Habs dynamic duo is looking real good right now eh? :laugh:

Who's next in line I need some names to fill in the blanks in my 2024/2025 pipe dream lineup.

• Love
Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I just knew that Habs 2nd round pick would end up going to the Jets so the Habs were still in on acquiring PLD. :)

Quite an expensive price in assets to pay to acquire PLD by the Kings and also a quite expensive contract to sign him.

Kupari hasn't done all that much in the NHL. He's been very good in AHL, but can't crack the NHL so far. He's waivers eligible too.

Iafallo is the "cap dump", but plays an annoying 3rd line game. He's capable of putting up 40 pts.

Vilardi is the big piece. How he develops will determine if Jets out and out win this trade or not. If he settles into a middle 6 role then Jets traded PLD for regular depth players.

For now, Winnipeg isn't appreciably worse. LAK is about the same.

Reactions: ReHabs

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
I think Jets did real good here. 3 roster players (2 of them young NHL players) and a 2nd round pick.

In a similar situation with Trouba last time around (RFA with a year to UFA), they got a Pionk and a 1st (they used to pick Heinola). They got two assets for Trouba. But they got 4 assests for PLD.

MM425

Aug 14, 2005
To trade a 23 year old Gabe Vilardi ++ for a 25 year old PLD when Vilardi posted very similar production and possession metrics… Pretty questionable stuff from LA.

Chevy in Winnipeg makes out like a bandit given the circumstances.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Don't fall for this type of bullshit again habs fans, thankfully we have a smarter management group in place that weren't willing to overpay in assets and big money to sign him. Give it a few years, the ones laughing at those of you that flooded the main board won't be as vocal when this inevitably falls apart.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Much happier banking on Newhook’s potential for essentially 2 2nd round picks than giving up similar value LA did + 8.5m on the cap for 8 years.

We’ll have Dach and Newhook for less than PLD combined, and I’m fairly certain Dach will up the better player as early as this season.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
lotr-frodo.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad