Pre-Game Talk: It's official: Leafs vs Bruins [Game 1 on Wed]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MoeMoney

Mar 11, 2012
This should be very fun, easily the most anticipated series in the playoffs, some Habs fans will probably care more about this series then the Senators. There is hope, this guy mentions how bad April was for the Bruins and how nothing is going right at the moment. Also compares the Canucks hype and snobby attitude about being Canadian to the Leafs and warns fans about, way off on that one, this guy has no clue.

Did this team try to tank in this game on purpose to draw the Toronto Maple Leafs? If so, they might not have as easy a time of it as many may think. Not only do the Leafs have that Cinderella story about them, but they are Canadian, which means that people will intertwine their playoff run with Canadian pride and nationalism. If you enjoyed the narrative of how the Vancouver Canucks “deserved†to win in 2011 because they are a Canadian team and hockey is Canada’s game (despite the Bruins lineup being packed with Canadians), you’re going to love the discourse surrounding this series!
Read more at http://www.rantsports.com/nhl/2013/...on-bruins-regular-season/#F2j2Ye6cgJfMfTXM.99

RASHBEEP

Sep 18, 2010
Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 2m
BOS/TOR: Hughson/Simpson/Healy/Oake MON/OTT: Cole/Galley/Campbell-Pascall STL/LA: Lee/Hrudey/Amber CHI/MINN: Brown/Millen

Sigh......

lol did you think the leafs would be getting anyone else?

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Geeze a lot of scared Leafs fans in this thread, quite embarrassing folks, where's the BeLeafs?

So true. Must be young fans...

Never be afraid of any team in the playoffs. The Sens used to kill us in season series', how did that turn out?

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
It's funny. Go to the Bruins' board and most of them are predicting a Leafs series win.

Do they? It's satisfying in some way, but we still need to show up...
I hope for 4 people - jvr, Kardi, Frattin, Lupul. These guys had some inconsistencies/injuries during regular season, but showed up in PO before in big way. If at least three of four have good games, I call series win.

Garbs

Jul 2, 2005
London, Ontario
No doubt the same crowd would have been shaking in their boots over playing Ottawa.

Uh, not really.

We're talking about a Stanley Cup winning team that doesn't have Patrick Lalime in net. Making any sort of comparison between the two teams is ridiculous.

We're not the favourites. Acknowledging that doesn't make you scared.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Hopefully, playoffs Leafs and playoffs Leafs fans are still in Chara-Redden's heads from Senators days. :yo:

LEAFSIN4

Jan 14, 2013
Uh, not really.

We're talking about a Stanley Cup winning team that doesn't have Patrick Lalime in net. Making any sort of comparison between the two teams is ridiculous.

A Stanley Cup winning team that is not the same team that we will be matching up against.

Ryder, Horton, and Recchi were Bostons #4, #5, and #6 top scorers during their cup run. This type of secondary scoring was the reason they were able to battle through 3 7 game series, along with Tim Thomas who was also ridiculously amazing during that run.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
I think Kessel will be quiet unfortunately, but I can see JvR, Kadri, Lupul all stepping, and hell maybe even Grabo.

Only thing that sucks about playing the Bruins is that we know this team is going to be super banged up by the end of the series, win or lose.

I hope Carlyle dresses Frattin and has only one of the goons out (Orr), no need for both.

Hanta Yo

Bag it up
Jan 28, 2009
Toronto
At least against Montreal, Kessel would be able to continue his great offensive play. Leafs were very capable of getting past Montreal in a potential playoff series. I can't say the same against the Bruins.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 2m
BOS/TOR: Hughson/Simpson/Healy/Oake MON/OTT: Cole/Galley/Campbell-Pascall STL/LA: Lee/Hrudey/Amber CHI/MINN: Brown/Millen

Sigh......
Well damn it. Guess I'll be following the American feed for this game. No way am I going to listen to Healy and company insult the Leafs for the entire time.

LEAFSIN4

Jan 14, 2013
At least against Montreal, Kessel would be able to continue his great offensive play. Leafs were very capable of getting past Montreal in a potential playoff series. I can't say the same against the Bruins.

The way I see it, I'm happy to be playing Boston. If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best.

While I'm happy with being in the playoffs, I expect this team to be a cup contender for many years. Beating Boston is a step that we have to take for this to happen, and I'd rather get it out of the way in the first round.

Beating them will be a HUGE confidence boost. Losing to them won't hurt our confidence too much, and we'll have a clearer picture as to what improvements this team needs to make.

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Uh, not really.

This isn't the Bruins team that won the Stanley cup for starters. They don't have their Vezina + Conn Smythe Winning goal tender either...

Secondly, we beat the Bruins in the season series when they were at their best(the year they won the cup). Everyone is so fixated on last years struggles against the Leafs it makes them scared.

Yes, scared.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Been saying it a while, bad karma hoping for montreal. lol

Either way, I'm cheering for you guys vs the bruins. Tough team but they've been flat.

Support your team and don't throw in the towel until it's done!

Good luck!

Hanta Yo

Bag it up
Jan 28, 2009
Toronto
The way I see it, I'm happy to be playing Boston. If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best.

While I'm happy with being in the playoffs, I expect this team to be a cup contender for many years. Beating Boston is a step that we have to take for this to happen, and I'd rather get it out of the way in the first round.

Beating them will be a HUGE confidence boost. Losing to them won't hurt our confidence too much, and we'll have a clearer picture as to what improvements this team needs to make.

Oh I definitely agree. Losing a hard fought and grueling series to a Stanley Cup contender team like the Bruins can help with the development of this young team. Not to mention It'll be a good to see two physical teams go at it. Would be nice if we could at least match up evenly with them when it comes to that.

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
Pit - NYI
Mtl - Ott
Was - NYR
Bos - Tor

Only Pittsburgh can feel lucky

I think both Mtl and Ott think they got a gift here with their opponent. Hopefully that turns out to be nasty 7 games series with 6 triple overtimes and lot of cheap shots.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I think both Mtl and Ott think they got a gift here with their opponent. Hopefully that turns out to be nasty 7 games series with 6 triple overtimes and lot of cheap shots.

Honestly don't see it with MTL-Ottawa. I see a special teams battle more than anything else.

LEAFSIN4

Jan 14, 2013
pYEbFcH.gif

Ten

Apr 25, 2007
Toronto.
I only just found out, and at risk of repeating what everyone has said in this thread I have not read, my only thoughts are "bring them on."

Never lose sight of the end goal, Lord Stanley's Cup. If it wasn't Boston now, it was Boston in the next round. Or the team that would have beat them. Do I have a harder time seeing success against Boston than any other team in the Eastern Conference? Absolutely, especially given recent history in the regular season. And that's natural given all that has happened over the past couple of seasons.

But I am not scared of a first round series against the Boston Bruins. In fact, in this case I am the opposite. Because I fear not what might happen if we lose this series, but rather what happens if we win? Who then would stand in our way? What might we be truly capable of?

No matter the result, for the first time in my adult life I will be witness to the next chapter of the history of our Toronto Maple Leafs. And you will too. And even though we have never met, and likely will never meet, we share this one moment in time. We are fans of the Toronto Maple Leafs. So I call for you to join me in dusting off those old car flags, slip on that favourite jersey, and chant those three simple words with every ounce of passion and pride you could possibly give...

GO LEAFS GO

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Oh I definitely agree. Losing a hard fought and grueling series to a Stanley Cup contender team like the Bruins can help with the development of this young team. Not to mention It'll be a good to see two physical teams go at it. Would be nice if we could at least match up evenly with them when it comes to that.

See ya next year then. Im assuming you wont be watching since you already know the outcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad