Pre-Game Talk: It's official: Leafs vs Bruins [Game 1 on Wed]

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke Silver

Truce?
Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/St. John's
Fun facts:

Leafs only took 7 penalties against the Bruins in 4 games, and went 7/7 on the penalty kill.

Leafs went 1/11 (9.1%) on the powerplay against Boston.

Leafs out-hit the Bruins in 3 of 4 games, going 143 to 111. Per-game average: 35 to 27.

Bruins out-shot the Leafs in 3 of 4 games, going 121 to 86. This includes a 33-to-13 game (which we won, funnily enough). Per-game average: 30 to 21.

Face-off advantage goes to Boston (59%).

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
it wouldn't surprise me if that's what happens (ie: put out Mcclemment/double shift Bozak, get them off and get the proper match). I've said it up thread, it wouldn't surprise me if Randy creates set plays to anticipate a faceoff loss.

(it blows my mind how Boston is always like #1 in the league in faceoff percentage. that's just really really great, and it doesn't matter WHO takes it, a winger, a centre, a 4th line guy, it's just,boom! boom! boom! :) it's impressive) :)

Randy Carlyle is a crazy matchup guy... was during the reg. season, and if you ever watched any past Ducks series, its almost maddening in the playoffs.

Bozak will C the first line with Kessel and take a ton of draws. If McClement is the 4th line C I could see him taking defensive zone draws for the Kadri line and then going straight to the bench.

Funny enough, thats the role Bergeron played on the Can olympic team.

Thanks for the input, guys. Yeah, Julien has been doing what you guys are describing for a while now. Bergeron takes nearly every single strong-side faceoff in the defensive zone and Kelly takes nearly every weak-side faceoff in the defensive zone. Krejci and Peverley are there for us as well on the strong-side and Julien has used Campbell a surprising amount on the weak-side as well (especially when Kelly was out) despite him not having a great %.

Not sure if Carlyle will want Bozak primarily on the strong-side or not as that would keep him away from Bergeron and more towards Kelly. McClement and Grabovski as your lefties would take your weak-side then. Again, not sure if you guys would do that, but the Bruins are very strict about that short-side/weak-side stuff.

Leafidelity

Existentially Drifting
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
I'm not afraid of the Bruins like some of the cowardly fans in here. Welcome to the big dance, if you want to be the best you have to beat the best. I expect an extremely physical series.

Go ****ing Leafs Go!

Christ

Mar 10, 2004
Canada
Keys to this series:

- Use our speed
- Capitalize at even strength
- TAKE MORE SHOTS
- Traffic in front of Rask
- Match them physically
- Smart, low-risk defensive plays
- Keep their big forwards away from the front of the net
- Don't get sucked in by their after-the-whistle crap (Marchand, Lucic)
- Kessel exorcising his demons

Agreed with all your points but more than anything else, this last point has to happen if the Leafs are to have any chance against Boston.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Chara is 36
Jagr is 41
Ferrence is 34
Thornton is 35
Redden is 35
Pandolfo 38
Seidenburg 31

Our oldest guy is Liles at 32, Mcclement and Orr are the only other 30 year olds.

Garbs

Jul 2, 2005
London, Ontario
CSdQTtA.png

Note the home game sequence. Also, only Games 4-6 are optional, Game 7 is a must play as it has no asterisk.

:sarcasm:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=668207

wtf is this? Sunday? I don't know her.

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
I think keys will be:
- score 3 goals on Bruins every game, they have trouble matching that
- we have better PP and should absolutely capitalize on PP to win series
- concentrate on Seguin as after him there are not much snipers on Bs team
- hit Marchand at every opportunity, I would like matching Komarov against him
- try to get into Rask head, he has anger in him that gets him off his game and he can eventually explode and Bs team with him.

I feel that this series will be decided by scoring, not physicality or experience. Leafs have better scoring power than Bs. Only thing that remains to be seen in this series if it comes through or not.

White Out 403*

I'm a little confused on who to cheer for. I love Dion and the Leafs are a canadian team; yet almost every single leafs fan I work with is a giant **** about it. So conflicted. I guess whoever wins will claim victory in the Kessel trade??

LEAFSIN4

Jan 14, 2013
Komarov and Kulemin can both make hits without taking penalties, hitting the Bruin D down low in their end is crucial. Wearing down Chara and Seidenberg will put pressure on Ference and others.

don't forget Kadri

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Grabovski is going to be key in this series. He also has a penchant for showing up against the Bruins. If Grabovski can give us some much needed secondary scoring from the third line, I like our chances of extending this series to maybe 6 or 7 games.

LeafsFIO*

I'm not that optimistic but hey, the Senators had Toronto's number in the 2004 regular season, they won that series after totally wearing down Chara and Redden, just saying.

LeafsMonster

Marlanderthews
Feb 3, 2012
Toronto
Imagine the confidence boost our team will get if we beat boston.

Regardless, this should be a very fun series to watch if the leafs bring their all and don't play like **** like they have been lately.

go_leafs_go02

Apr 24, 2004
London, ON
Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 2m
BOS/TOR: Hughson/Simpson/Healy/Oake MON/OTT: Cole/Galley/Campbell-Pascall STL/LA: Lee/Hrudey/Amber CHI/MINN: Brown/Millen

Sigh......

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 2m
BOS/TOR: Hughson/Simpson/Healy/Oake MON/OTT: Cole/Galley/Campbell-Pascall STL/LA: Lee/Hrudey/Amber CHI/MINN: Brown/Millen

Sigh......

Surprised CBC didn't give Ottawa Brown/Galley then they would have their normal boosters. They really hate poor old Bob though, they will be convinced that he was sent by the Habs to conspire against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad