Blue Jays Discussion: It's here! it's here! it's here! it's here! Baseball season begins!(WARNING:post 728)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Mookie is a CF for sure. Also dabbles at 2B, if I recall correctly. Regardless, when I made the statement on scarcity, I still believe there are more well rounded CF than there are well rounded 2B. Though things have improved over the last couple years around baseball.

what would your top ten be at each position?

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
One of the crazier things I saw yesterday and wasn't sure about was that Bryce Harper is younger than Kris Bryant.....

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Betances gives up 2 walks, 1 hit and 3 runs(none earned). Great start to the year for the Yankees pen

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
The runs were unearned because of a Betances throwing error. So basically they were all his fault anyway, even if they were unearned

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
what would your top ten be at each position?

In terms of value? i.e. expected production + cost
1. Kipnis
2. Altuve

3. Pedroia
4. Panik
5. The zombified corpse of Cano
6. Gordon
7. Forsythe
8. Travis
9. Kinsler
10. Odor
HM: Blanco (PHI), the Zombified corpse of Zobrist

1. No doubt
2. McCutchen
3. Lorenzo "Herman" Cain

4. Betts
5. Yelich
6. Pollock
7. Jones
8. Grichuk
9. Eaton
10. Kiermeier\Pillar\Herrera

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
Cano was pretty good for the second half of the season last year.

Also anyone see the Hazel Mae and Barry Bonds interview?

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Tim and Sid just made this point but I've been meaning to say this: Jays do well and it's all on the players, Jays do crappy this year it's all on Mark Shapiro and Ross Atkins

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
In terms of value? i.e. expected production + cost
1. Kipnis
2. Altuve

3. Pedroia
4. Panik
5. The zombified corpse of Cano
6. Gordon
7. Forsythe
8. Travis
9. Kinsler
10. Odor
HM: Blanco (PHI), the Zombified corpse of Zobrist

1. No doubt
2. McCutchen
3. Lorenzo "Herman" Cain

4. Betts
5. Yelich
6. Pollock
7. Jones
8. Grichuk
9. Eaton
10. Kiermeier\Pillar\Herrera

Dozier?

Discoverer

Apr 11, 2012
Tim and Sid just made this point but I've been meaning to say this: Jays do well and it's all on the players, Jays do crappy this year it's all on Mark Shapiro and Ross Atkins

Pretty much. If they win it's because they inherited a great team. If they lose it's because they didn't add enough to it.

Finlandia WOAT

No blocks, No slappers
May 23, 2010
This is a team that was in the ALCS last year...so I don't think that opinion is too crazy.

OTOH, I like they got Estrada and Happ. This team, right now, doesn't need a Price to win games.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Pretty much. If they win it's because they inherited a great team. If they lose it's because they didn't add enough to it.

I think what you meant to say is that if they lose, it's because Shapiro engineered the lost season so that he could tear the roster down and rebuild it in his own mediocre Cleveland image.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Wait, the Yankees played todays game under protest because the ump didn't think Correa was running inside the baseline on the Betances throwing error? Yeah he clearly was, but that's obviously a judgement call, which you can't protest. Why even bother? And why did the ump let them protest after last year in the playoffs the ump told Gibby it wasn't something we could protest(when I still think it was)

Most of these protests are screwed up calls where teams can legitimately argue that it wasn't a judgement call(and MLB will just say it was but whatever). Here it was obviously a judgement call. I don't even see how the Yankees could argue it wasn't

Yankees: "In the 8th there, you missed that judg..... I mean you messed up because you didn't know the rules or something"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad