Blue Jays Discussion: It's here! it's here! it's here! it's here! Baseball season begins!(WARNING:post 728)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
For a long time when he was still unsigned, I was more intrigued by Rusney Castillo when I thought his first name was "Runsey"

and now here he is as the 3rd anchor of a contract for the Sox behind Hanley and Sandoval. And the one nobody talks about.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I will grant that Tabler didn't say "good players make teams better" verbatim. But his point was that there's some sort of unique benefit/value to acquiring an ace/bonafide #1 because it slides everyone else down a notch in the rotation and that makes the team better. But the whole basic undercurrent of his point is basically just that adding great players to good teams makes them better because it adds depth.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I like Roemon Fields a lot as a September callup to be the speed & D type guy that Pompey was last year. But talking about him being a MLB player seems a little premature. Because he's still got a lot of work to do with his bat. He was only OBPing about .310-.320 between Dunedin and New Hampshire last year. Gonna have to get on base more if he wants to be anything better than a Gose/Rajai Davis type.

and damn, Tellez is a mountain of a man.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
For a long time when he was still unsigned, I was more intrigued by Rusney Castillo when I thought his first name was "Runsey"

and now here he is as the 3rd anchor of a contract for the Sox behind Hanley and Sandoval. And the one nobody talks about.

don't forget porcello.

and craig.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
don't forget porcello.

and craig.

True, but I look at them differently. Porcello at least they're expecting to get use out of every 5 games. And Craig's money is because of a contract he signed 3 years ago and injuries.

Castillo on the other hand they've got wrapped up for like 5 more years at $11-14m per to be a mediocre OF who can't even beat out Brock Holt and Chris Young for the starting LF job.

KingTY

Nov 10, 2002
Toronto
Soooo pumped for this year :handclap: That run last season was the best sporting experience of my life. Was so intense, so much excitement and fun :) I still get goosebumps anytime a playoff highlight is shown again on t.v.

We're in for a treat boys. A truly special offence. Recognize and appreciate it while it lasts...

Silver91

Agent 0091
May 27, 2007
Unknown
OMG just saw that the 50/50 draw was $170,000

One thin I'll give to Montreal fans...they love their 50/50. I was there for a leafs game last year and it ran well over $100k

Also, I can't freaking wait for tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully the ride picks up from last year and the fun can continue!

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Just so we're all on the same page here:

GDT #1 will go up tonight before I go to bed.

I was gonna try and have a fancy graphic header, but I can't get all the images I want (it looks like a lot of photo aggregator sites have stopped gathering up the Jays' media day photos, and I don't want to have to fuss with Getty's watermarks or the difficulty of getting all those images together with multiple searches) and I'm not set on a final theme I would've gone with. Also the 1st GDT is usually goes by before the game is over, so it's not like it'll have lasting impact.

Last edited:

Kurtz

Jul 17, 2005
I suggested that we should sign Morales for a loogy role about a month ago. Several posters here disagreed, but I think this is a real good move as long as Gibby actually uses him exclusively as a loogy.

I'd also not be surprised to hear that Loup is out for a while.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
I suggested that we should sign Morales for a loogy role about a month ago. Several posters here disagreed, but I think this is a real good move as long as Gibby actually uses him exclusively as a loogy.

I'd also not be surprised to hear that Loup is out for a while.

I mean if we're looking to toot our horns I suggested him awhile back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad