Blue Jays Discussion: It's here! it's here! it's here! it's here! Baseball season begins!(WARNING:post 728)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
022116soxms10.jpg

He is also a part time anchor with Princess Cruises :sarcasm:

Was a rumour on mlbtr today that the Padres may have interest in him. God I hope no one bails on the sox on that one. I'm sure they'd end up eating the bulk of the contract but I'd still prefer him sitting on the Red Sox bench

Red Piller

Canucks
May 29, 2013
Was a rumour on mlbtr today that the Padres may have interest in him. God I hope no one bails on the sox on that one. I'm sure they'd end up eating the bulk of the contract but I'd still prefer him sitting on the Red Sox bench

Not like the Sox care, its only money and they have tons. That rumour has no legs just like fat Panda. Im glad hes on the bench too, he sucks.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
An amusing bit I was reading in an ESPN piece on various team's uniform changes for this season:

No announced uniform changes so far for the Marlins, although it's worth noting that new skipper Don Mattingly has enacted a facial hair ban, which has drawn a stern rebuke from the American Mustache Institute. Take that, Donnie Baseball!

I guess now he can yell at guys for not shaving their sideburns.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
He no longer has any sources in the organization. He is fear mongering, as Jeff Blair dabbled with earlier in spring training.

From what I've seen, he's been taking ground balls since the beginning of March, and has been swinging off a tee for the last two weeks. I've heard June 1, and continue to trust that timeline.

Mind you, this was the same station that said, definitively, Marcus Stroman was done for all of 2015. Then Marcus Stroman may come back for the playoffs as a reliever. Then Marcus Stroman may come back for September but only as a reliever. Then were surprised to hear that he had been on a throwing program since early June, and would be starting in September. Not only are they short on sources (even shorter now that their buddies have left town), but they're research is putrid.

Get instagram there, you old curmudgeon.

:laugh:

Thank you for the update kind sir. I will try to get up to speed.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Will the Jays be on Sunday Night Baseball this year? Looking at the sched, every Sunday game starts at 1. But I am guessing they don't have a pre-determined Sunday Night Baseball schedule at ESPN?

Neil Hamburger

Five Bagger!
Jun 15, 2010
Toronto
What's interesting about the potential for the Expo's coming back is that I don't know how much of a real Jays/Expos rivalry there would be.

Most Expo's fans have probably cheered for the Blue Jays since the team left. Most Jays fans really want Montreal to get a team back.

I would probably be a fan of both teams - but in head to head match-ups I would still root for the Jays. I would imagine a lot of Jays fans would feel the same way, and probably Expos fans too.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
What's interesting about the potential for the Expo's coming back is that I don't know how much of a real Jays/Expos rivalry there would be.

Most Expo's fans have probably cheered for the Blue Jays since the team left. Most Jays fans really want Montreal to get a team back.

I would probably be a fan of both teams - but in head to head match-ups I would still root for the Jays. I would imagine a lot of Jays fans would feel the same way, and probably Expos fans too.

Yeah, it would be a little weird. It's been 12 years since the Expos left. Any kids growing up now will have no real connection back to the Expos days, and basically anyone less than 30 will have probably grown up with more time to bond with the Blue Jays than they would've with the Expos (counting the time when you're little and won't be conscious enough to form that attachment, coupled with the apathetic last handful of years for the Expos when they were Dead Team Walking and Jeff Loria's piggy bank.)

It would be like if an NBA team comes back to Vancouver. I got into NBA ball with the Grizzlies, but I was a Grizzlies fan for like 6 years vs a Raptors one for like 12-13 years now. I've invested so much time with the Raptors and with fellow Raptors fans that I don't think I could convert into a fan of another team even if one came back close to me.

2 other things:

1) Yes, Tim Raines should be in the HOF. It's ludicrous that he's not.

2) Chad Jenkins deserves a better shot to get into the Jays pen than he's been given (being demoted off the 40-man)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad