Proposal: It Was Only A Maatta Of Time: OTT + L.A. + DAL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
you obviously have no clue what youre talking about so please stop.
Lmao, ya Ottawa wants a 35 year old goalie, making 6 million, Plus the rest of the salaries, they will just keep , 22 year old Brady thanks. Thanks for the laughs.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
keep trying to deflect that youre clueless.

Maybe people would take you seriously , if you had came back with some points, instead of hurling insults twice.
I’ll wait for your reasons, your making my day thanks, appreciate it, can’t wait for the next informative insult.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Maybe people would take you seriously , if you had came back with some points, instead of hurling insults twice.
I’ll wait for your reasons, your making my day thanks, appreciate it, can’t wait for the next informative insult.

I'm not defending the insults, but your comment was pretty uninformed...

Quick's cap hit is 5.8 million, but he's being paid 3 million in actual dollars, and 2.5 million next season

Vilardi was the 11th overall pick in 2017, and is still on the final year of his ELC... definitely not a cap dump

Maatta is on an expiring contract, so his deal doesn't negatively impact Ottawa's cap space in any significant way moving forward

The combined salaries of Quick, Vilardi, and Maatta come in at around 8 million, which is what the Sens are offering Brady...

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Why would LA want Holtby when they just signed Petersen to a three year deal by the way? Why is Dallas involved?

If we presume that Brady Tkachuk is a coveted piece for LA, surely it can simply be a trade between just the two teams?

Something like Turcotte, Kempe, and Kupari for Tkachuk as a starting point. Not sure I'd want to do that though from LA.

Presumably Petersen wasn't signed to play every game, so I addressed both of those in the OP...

Holtby gives them a veteran backup on a 1 year deal

Dallas make room for Oettinger by erasing the off-season's most baffling signing

Last edited:

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Sens out: Tkachuk, Holden, 2022 2nd, NYI's 2022 7th
Sens in: Brandt, Vilardi, Maatta, Quick

Kings out: Brandt, Vilardi, Maatta, Quick
Kings in: Tkachuk, Holden, Holtby, OTT's 2022 2nd

Dallas out: Holtby
Dallas in: NYI's 2022 7th

Ottawa pick up a hometown RD prospect with upside in Brandt, a center with top 6 potential in Vilardi, while Quick gives them another veteran goalie who's not worth his cap hit. Swapping Holden for Maata was done for cap reasons, but Maatta can be flipped with retention in order to maximize his trade value

Los Angeles pick up a truculent young 1st line winger, a veteran Dman with half the cap hit in Holden to replace Maata, while also clearing the final 2 seasons of Quick's contract. Holtby gives them a veteran backup on a 1 year deal

Dallas make room for Oettinger by erasing the off-season's most baffling signing

One can only hope it is a Maatta of time before you get banned for these spammy, shitty proposals.

For fun... are you on a first name basis with Brandt Clarke? Seems weird you'd be so casual with him.

Remove Dallas from this deal. They signed Holtby, so they like him. It's baffling to YOU that they signed Holtby, not to them.
Remove the Kings from this deal. They're not dealing away two high end prospects to bring in Brady Tkachuk and a bunch of other assets that do nothing for them.
Remove Ottawa from this deal. Tkachuk is the most valuable and proven asset in this deal and they just added Matt Murray as their goalie. They don't need Jonathan Quick's swan song. They also gain practically nothing for swapping Maatta and Holden.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012

Quick's cap hit is 5.8 million, but he's being paid 3 million in actual dollars, and 2.5 million next season

Vilardi was the 11th overall pick in 2017, and is still on the final year of his ELC... definitely not a cap dump

Maatta is on an expiring contract, so his deal doesn't negatively impact Ottawa's cap space in any significant way moving forward

The combined salaries of Quick, Vilardi, and Maatta come in at around 8 million, which is what the Sens are offering Brady...

Brady Tkachuk is also worth more than the 3 of those combined.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

Thanks for the fair response.
Ottawa doesn’t need goalies, they also 2 in the minors, pushing for jobs, one went 7-0 when he came over late last year, and the other had the better numbers in the NHL last year over the 2 that were hurt last year on one ways.

Vilardi is not a cap dump, agreed, but not really needed.

Players already in organization that are better than Maata, and he doesn’t add much, since it’s an expiring deal, they would not renew. Already flooded with Left shot D.

While Brandt is from Ottawa, and have seen him play, needs skating work, but has potential, but would rather keep Brady.
He leads the team into battles.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Thanks for the fair response.
Ottawa doesn’t need goalies, they also 2 in the minors, pushing for jobs, one went 7-0 when he came over late last year, and the other had the better numbers in the NHL last year over the 2 that were hurt last year on one ways.

Vilardi is not a cap dump, agreed, but not really needed.

Players already in organization that are better than Maata, and he doesn’t add much, since it’s an expiring deal, they would not renew. Already flooded with Left shot D.

While Brandt is from Ottawa, and have seen him play, needs skating work, but has potential, but would rather keep Brady.
He leads the team into battles.

Quick doesn't have to stick around... he can be put on waivers and released... but his inclusion in the deal is necessary for the Kings to create the cap space necessary to sign Tkachuk...

The Maata/Holden was done for the same reason... and I even mentioned that in the OP

And while I can appreciate you'd "rather keep Brady", at some point you gotta question what he wants... which from an outsider's perspective doesn't appear to be a long term stay in Ottawa

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Quick doesn't have to stick around... he can be put on waivers and released... but his inclusion in the deal is necessary for the Kings to create the cap space necessary to sign Tkachuk...

The Maata/Holden was done for the same reason... and I even mentioned that in the OP

And while I can appreciate you'd "rather keep Brady", at some point you gotta question what he wants... which from an outsider's perspective doesn't appear to be a long term stay in Ottawa

If you think the Kings are going to waive or trade Quick, you're nuts. Quick only leaves if he asks to go to a contender for one more chance at a cup. Brown, Kopitar, and Doughty will all be afforded the same courtesies.

Reactions: KingTech

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
If you think the Kings are going to waive or trade Quick, you're nuts. Quick only leaves if he asks to go to a contender for one more chance at a cup. Brown, Kopitar, and Doughty will all be afforded the same courtesies.

I'm talking about the Sens waiving Quick...

apocalypse

Dean Lombardi's Yes Man
Mar 20, 2017
Los Angeles
So LA gives up Vilardi and Clarke. 2 promising young prospects for Tkachuk (enforcer/grit), Holden (bottom pairing 34 y/o), Holtby (LA has that in Quick), and a 2nd? No way. Any discussion for Clarke involves Stutzle. And you want Vilardi?

Reactions: kinghock

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
So LA gives up Vilardi and Clarke. 2 promising young prospects for Tkachuk (enforcer/grit), Holden (bottom pairing 34 y/o), Holtby (LA has that in Quick), and a 2nd? No way. Any discussion for Clarke involves Stutzle. And you want Vilardi?

Good god some of your are delusional.

Clarke doesn’t even get Ottawa in a room to discuss Stutzle.

Have to love how Vilardi is a “promising young prospect” while Brady is just an “enforcer” despite Brady blowing him out of the water in production while having been drafted a year later. Not to mention Vilardi’s injury troubles. Vilardi is closer to Logan Brown than he is Brady Tkachuk.

Tkachuk is obviously a better player than you think.

Something like Turcotte, Kempe, and Kupari for Tkachuk as a starting point. Not sure I'd want to do that though from LA.

Tkachuk is more important to the Sens than you understand, while I appreciate the inclusion of good prospects this doesn’t move the needle at all.

Last edited:

apocalypse

Dean Lombardi's Yes Man
Mar 20, 2017
Los Angeles
Good god some of your are delusional.

Clarke doesn’t even get Ottawa in a room to discuss Stutzle.

Have to love how Vilardi is a “promising young prospect” while Brady is just an “enforcer” despite Brady blowing him out of the water in production while having been drafted a year later. Not to mention Vilardi’s injury troubles. Vilardi is closer to Logan Brown than he is Brady Tkachuk.

Tkachuk is obviously a better player than you think.

Tkachuk is more important to the Sens than you understand, while I appreciate the inclusion of good prospects this doesn’t move the needle at all.
Granted yes. Tkachuk wouldn't be dealt. It's the same as the OP asking for Clarke and Vilardi. Not gonna happen.

Reactions: deaderhead28

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

Draft years are not equal.

Just because Stutzle was "only" 3rd OA and Clarke was 8th OA doesn't mean they are remotely close in value

If not, why don't we swap Tyler Boucher for Brandt Clarke? I mean, 10th OA vs 8th OA is even closer!

Also, not sure what enforcer/grit to describe Tkachuk means but he's a modern day top line power forward, basically an unicorn with 300 hits 300 SOG per season.

Finally, Maatta and Quick are cap dumps here so it reduces Vilardi + Clarke value

That being said, that kind of proposal just doesn't happen in reality

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
Presumably Petersen wasn't signed to play every game, so I addressed both of those in the OP...

Holtby gives them a veteran backup on a 1 year deal

Holtby is having a great year for Dallas so far.why erase that?

Edit: Just realized this wasn't exactly new.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
We built our entire identity around Tkachuk, and I think finding someone to replace him will be hard.

I’m actually quite high on Clarke but I think it’s a lot easier to find a Clarke than a Tkachuk, and Tkachuk is closer along in his development. If he stagnates he’s already an effective piece, something we haven’t seen from Clarke yet.

IF we were to ever move Tkachuk, Clarke definitely is interesting.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Vilardi and Clarke are nice pieces, but it isn't worth both losing Tkachuk and taking on a huge pile of garbage.

Huge no from Ottawa.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Vilardi and Clarke are nice pieces, but it isn't worth both losing Tkachuk and taking on a huge pile of garbage.

Huge no from Ottawa.

That "huge pile of garbage" would entirely inconsequential to Ottawa given their current cap space...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad