Proposal: It Was Only A Maatta Of Time: OTT + L.A. + DAL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
OP is the Eklund of HF.

Ottawa isn't trading Tkachuk inna deal where they take on 2 cap dumps, and get less than market value overall. Lol

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
Holtby has been pretty damn solid for Dallas. No way we move him and especially not for a f***ing 7th round pick.

Reactions: Saucepass

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
Holtby has been pretty damn solid for Dallas. No way we move him and especially not for a f***ing 7th round pick.

The proposal is nearly a month old, so it was made before Holtby had ever played a game for Dallas...

You know who else has been pretty damn solid? Jake Oettinger...

1.63 GAA, and a .951 SV% in 5 games so far this season in the AHL

As I mentioned in the OP, making room for Oettinger on the NHL roster was the reason for Dallas' involvement in the proposal

Also, it's not just a "f***ing 7th round pick", it's a "f***ing 7th round pick" plus nearly 1.1 million in cap space since the Stars aren't taking back any salary

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
I would trade Maatta for whatever team that wants him signature stadium meal. That’s my opening offer but I’d probably settle for nachos with the plastic cheese.

Reactions: kinghock

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
The proposal is nearly a month old, so it was made before Holtby had ever played a game for Dallas...

You know who else has been pretty damn solid? Jake Oettinger...

1.63 GAA, and a .951 SV% in 5 games so far this season in the AHL

As I mentioned in the OP, making room for Oettinger on the NHL roster was the reason for Dallas' involvement in the proposal

Also, it's not just a "f***ing 7th round pick", it's a "f***ing 7th round pick" plus nearly 1.1 million in cap space since the Stars aren't taking back any salary
No doubt Oettinger is ready to take the reigns but our brass is to stupid to see it. Ideally having Ottinger and Holtby would be the best thing then move Bishop and Dobby. Moving those two would free up more than moving Holtby would. Moving Holtby for a 7th and gaining 1.1 million in cap space undervalues what he is bringing right now.

Reactions: Dr Pepper

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
No doubt Oettinger is ready to take the reigns but our brass is to stupid to see it. Ideally having Ottinger and Holtby would be the best thing then move Bishop and Dobby. Moving those two would free up more than moving Holtby would. Moving Holtby for a 7th and gaining 1.1 million in cap space undervalues what he is bringing right now.

The proposal was made at a time when Holtby had a 3.28 GAA, and an .895 SV% over his last 69 games... you'd be lucky to get a 7th rounder for a goalie like that

And, of course, moving Bishop or Dobby would free up more than moving Holtby... that's why I included Holtby as the one in the proposal being traded to the team with limited cap space

JC0720

Jul 5, 2018
Sens out: Tkachuk, Holden, 2022 2nd, NYI's 2022 7th
Sens in: Clarke, Vilardi, Maatta, Quick

Kings out: Clarke, Vilardi, Maatta, Quick
Kings in: Tkachuk, Holden, Holtby, OTT's 2022 2nd

Dallas out: Holtby
Dallas in: NYI's 2022 7th

Ottawa pick up a hometown RD prospect with upside in Clarke, a center with top 6 potential in Vilardi, while Quick gives them another veteran goalie who's not worth his cap hit. Swapping Holden for Maata was done for cap reasons, but Maatta can be flipped with retention in order to maximize his trade value

Los Angeles pick up a truculent young 1st line winger, a veteran Dman with half the cap hit in Holden to replace Maata, while also clearing the final 2 seasons of Quick's contract. Holtby gives them a veteran backup on a 1 year deal

Dallas make room for Oettinger by erasing the off-season's most baffling signing

Dallas isn't going to ship off the only thing that's keeping them in contention so far. Yes, we were all confused at the Holtby signing, but he's been about the only consistent performer thus far. Khudobin isn't a convincing #1 and Oettinger isn't ready to take that role full time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad