Proposal: Isles-Sens

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Thats crazy. If you think that RIGHT NOW, not 2-3 years from now, that Stone is a better goal scorer, all around player, leader and clutch performer than Ladd at THIS MOMENT, I dont know what to tell you.

I get that Ladd is a good player. Maybe a very good leader, and arguably a clutch performer... but I think Stone is just better.. right now and going forward. If you don't see that, I don't know what to tell you.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Sorry, but i would just rather have Stone than an overpaid player.

I agreed with you on that. My question to you, was if you could have just one player this coming season who would you choose. Pretend the NHL was going to have a 10 year lockout after this coming season, which player would you choose for just this year?

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
I agreed with you on that. My question to you, was if you could have just one player this coming season who would you choose. Pretend the NHL was going to have a 10 year lockout after this coming season, which player would you choose for just this year?

Stone and it's not even close. You'd understand how good Stone is if you watched him game in and game out. Amazing defensively. Leads league in takeaways. And he has been our best forward down the stretch the past two seasons, scoring huge goals for us, especially the year we got into the playoffs. Not many wingers in the league I'd trade him for.

Gavin Ray

Jul 10, 2016
Mars
Why in the world would Ottawa do this?

Well, De Haan is a much better player compared to Ceci. If we made this trade and let Methot slide to the second pairing we would have a much more solid top 4. Something like the following with a signing of a bottom pairing D like Medvedev, in my opinion would push us into playoff contention.

De Haan - Karlsson
Methot - Phaneuf
Medvedev - Wideman

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Well, De Haan is a much better player compared to Ceci. If we made this trade and let Methot slide to the second pairing we would have a much more solid top 4. Something like the following with a signing of a bottom pairing D like Medvedev, in my opinion would push us into playoff contention.

De Haan - Karlsson
Methot - Phaneuf
Medvedev - Wideman

That's debatable. Ceci is 3 years younger, is better offensively, and is a coveted RD.

longchange

Feb 18, 2012

Stone pretty easily.

internetdotcom

11 + 15 + 19 = 666
Jun 23, 2009
Capital O

Put me down for Stone too. Think of it this way, if Stone was a UFA this offseason, what kind of contract offer do you think he would have gotten? More than Ladd I'd wager.

Gavin Ray

Jul 10, 2016
Mars
That's debatable. Ceci is 3 years younger, is better offensively, and is a coveted RD.

The only area where Ceci is better is individual production. Ceci has very poor shot generation and shot suppression, his possession stats are that of a bottom pairing defenceman. De Haan's individual production is not as good, but is still at top 4 level. De Haan's possession stats are that of a top pairing defenceman. Ceci has major holes in his defensive game, while De Haan excels in his own end, and was excelling at the same age as Ceci now.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004

My guess is if you put up a poll, Ladd would be slaughtered. I don't think you know how good Mark Stone is.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
The only area where Ceci is better is individual production. Ceci has very poor shot generation and shot suppression, his possession stats are that of a bottom pairing defenceman. De Haan's individual production is not as good, but is still at top 4 level. De Haan's possession stats are that of a top pairing defenceman. Ceci has major holes in his defensive game, while De Haan excels in his own end, and was excelling at the same age as Ceci now.
This is what happens when you play with bottom pairing defenders for your first two see seasons in the nhl, see Cowen and Wiercioch.He is a far better defenseman than his stats,playing with those two slugs are :shakehead

Gavin Ray

Jul 10, 2016
Mars
This is what happens when you play with bottom pairing defenders for your first two see seasons in the nhl, see Cowen and Wiercioch.He is a far better defenseman than his stats,playing with those two slugs are :shakehead

No, this is what happens when you have holes in your defensive game. Ceci brings down the possession of all the partners he plays with. Last year, Ceci spent more time with Marc Methot than with the likes of Cowen and Boro. Even with Methot, Ceci's possession metrics were bad.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
No, this is what happens when you have holes in your defensive game. Ceci brings down the possession of all the partners he plays with. Last year, Ceci spent more time with Marc Methot than with the likes of Cowen and Boro. Even with Methot, Ceci's possession metrics were bad.

A young defenseman bounced around the blueline and not given a stable partner on a team with virtually no defensive zone structure to speak of struggled in his own zone? Who woulda thunk it?

We got a nice glimpse of what Ceci is capable of when he finally got a decent partner in Phaneuf. Add in some competent coaching next year and he'll blossom on both sides of the ice.

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
Three way trade:

To EDM: Ceci, Kulemin
To NYI: RNH
To Ottawa: De Haan

Edmonton gets another right handed D and loses Nuge in favor of McDavid and Draisaitl, they have to take on Kulemin's contract to balance salaries.

New York loses De Haan who they would of lost to expansion anyways, and gain RNH to play second line center which is a huge need for them.

Ottawa loses Ceci and gains a better defenceman De Haan (also local), this allows Methot to move to the second pairing and Phaneuf to move to his more comfortable right side.

De Haan - Karlsson
Methot - Phaneuf

One reason I like this trade is that every team gains a player that is much more important for their success compared to the one they gave up.

In what world is De Haan better than Ceci?

Ceci's game got ridiculously better once he had a competent D-partner in Phaneuf.

I have zero problems with our top 4.

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
In what world is De Haan better than Ceci?

On the defensive side de Haan is significantly better. On the offensive side, Ceci's significantly better. Depends on what you're looking for. If you want a shot-suppressing, strong possession dman you'd lean towards de Haan. If you want an offensive defenseman you'd go for Ceci.

Gavin Ray

Jul 10, 2016
Mars
On the defensive side de Haan is significantly better. On the offensive side, Ceci's significantly better. Depends on what you're looking for. If you want a shot-suppressing, strong possession dman you'd lean towards de Haan. If you want an offensive defenseman you'd go for Ceci.

Ceci's individual production is good, but his shot generation or offensive impact is worse than that of De Haan.

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
Thats crazy. If you think that RIGHT NOW, not 2-3 years from now, that Stone is a better goal scorer, all around player, leader and clutch performer than Ladd at THIS MOMENT, I dont know what to tell you.

At this moment in time Stone is the better all round player.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010

Stone pretty easily.
I think you're probably underrating Stone if you think the answer should be Ladd.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Three way trade:

To EDM: Ceci, Kulemin
To NYI: RNH
To Ottawa: De Haan

Edmonton gets another right handed D and loses Nuge in favor of McDavid and Draisaitl, they have to take on Kulemin's contract to balance salaries.

New York loses De Haan who they would of lost to expansion anyways, and gain RNH to play second line center which is a huge need for them.

Ottawa loses Ceci and gains a better defenceman De Haan (also local), this allows Methot to move to the second pairing and Phaneuf to move to his more comfortable right side.

De Haan - Karlsson
Methot - Phaneuf

One reason I like this trade is that every team gains a player that is much more important for their success compared to the one they gave up.

Ceci is better the De Haan is.

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005

Stone is easily better then Ladd right now. It is not particularly close.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad