Proposal: Isles-Sens

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
I'm not really sure what Ottawa is doing but they don't seem like a good trade match. Look for teams that clearly need a rebuild.

Drivefor5

Jul 31, 2010
NJ
Ottawa Receives:

CALVIN DE HAAN, D 1,966,667 1 yrs
JOSH BAILEY 3,300,000 2 yrs

+
2017 5th

+
1,572,500 salary retained

Islanders Receives:

MICHAEL KOSTKA 800,000 1 yrs
CURTIS LAZAR 894,167 1 yrs

+
2017 3rd

HoffmanIsGod68

Mar 1, 2015
Cornwall, Ontario
If you watch Mark Stone play you would understand how lopsided this deal is and why he isn't for sale.

Nelson and Bailey are great pieces, but aren't an appropriate return for a player of Stone's ability.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Why? Value aside (which is CLEARLY better than the other proposals in this thread), we don't need a D right now. Our top 4 is set.

Da Haan is better and more valuable than Lazar. Thats why. Can turn around and trade Da Haan or Methot at the deadline for another piece because we'll lose one in the expansion draft.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Any chance Ottawa might want to get rid of Ryan(especially after Hoffman's arbitration case)?

Grabovski(cap dump), 1st and Dal Colle

I could be wrong on this one but Ottawa owner might actually like Grabovski who is a candidate to be injured like half the season(thus insurance covering his salary)

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Any chance Ottawa might want to get rid of Ryan(especially after Hoffman's arbitration case)?

Grabovski(cap dump), 1st and Dal Colle

I could be wrong on this one but Ottawa owner might actually like Grabovski who is a candidate to be injured like half the season(thus insurance covering his salary)

Should have just kept Okposo then if you want Ryan.

Clamshells

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 11, 2009
Da Haan is better and more valuable than Lazar. Thats why. Can turn around and trade Da Haan or Methot at the deadline for another piece because we'll lose one in the expansion draft.

What? No. You keep both of them BECAUSE you're going to lose one.

What makes more sense? Trade one, lose the other to expansion and only have 3 top 4 D + whatever you get in the trade, or lose one and still have 4 top 4?

A team that comes out of the expansion with 4 top 4 D is going to be in a lot better shape than those that don't.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
What? No. You keep both of them BECAUSE you're going to lose one.

What makes more sense? Trade one, lose the other to expansion and only have 3 top 4 D + whatever you get in the trade, or lose one and still have 4 top 4?

A team that comes out of the expansion with 4 top 4 D is going to be in a lot better shape than those that don't.

Ya I got that backwards.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Ottawa simply is in no position to move quality for quantity.

Stone is as a right winger you're going to find in this league.

Gavin Ray

Jul 10, 2016
Mars
Three way trade:

To EDM: Ceci, Kulemin
To NYI: RNH
To Ottawa: De Haan

Edmonton gets another right handed D and loses Nuge in favor of McDavid and Draisaitl, they have to take on Kulemin's contract to balance salaries.

New York loses De Haan who they would of lost to expansion anyways, and gain RNH to play second line center which is a huge need for them.

Ottawa loses Ceci and gains a better defenceman De Haan (also local), this allows Methot to move to the second pairing and Phaneuf to move to his more comfortable right side.

De Haan - Karlsson
Methot - Phaneuf

One reason I like this trade is that every team gains a player that is much more important for their success compared to the one they gave up.

choi

The Moment
Jul 27, 2010
Seoul
Three way trade:

To EDM: Ceci, Kulemin
To NYI: RNH
To Ottawa: De Haan

Edmonton gets another right handed D and loses Nuge in favor of McDavid and Draisaitl, they have to take on Kulemin's contract to balance salaries.

New York loses De Haan who they would of lost to expansion anyways, and gain RNH to play second line center which is a huge need for them.

Ottawa loses Ceci and gains a better defenceman De Haan (also local), this allows Methot to move to the second pairing and Phaneuf to move to his more comfortable right side.

De Haan - Karlsson
Methot - Phaneuf

One reason I like this trade is that every team gains a player that is much more important for their success compared to the one they gave up.

Why in the world would Ottawa do this?

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Ottawa wouldn't do that for Stone alone.

Nelson is nice but he would would be on our 2nd/3rd line so why downgrade ?

Bailey is redundant in Ottawa if we wanted to pay a 3rd/4th liner that much we would have kept Chiasson.

Only player that Ottawa would trade Stone for from the Isles is Tavares seeing as he is the only player there better than him.

Dont get me wrong, I would love to have Stone, but youre getting a little carried away. Ladd is better than him (has AVERAGED 27 goals per 82 games the last SIX seasons, Stone has never scored 27 goals), and although they play different positions, 1 for 1 value, Leddy and Hamonic are also better than him.

And while I get your point, Tavares is in a different league than Stone. You would have to trade Turris, Stone and Hoffman to even sniff JT.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Thats crazy. If you think that RIGHT NOW, not 2-3 years from now, that Stone is a better goal scorer, all around player, leader and clutch performer than Ladd at THIS MOMENT, I dont know what to tell you.

Sorry, but i would just rather have Stone than an overpaid player.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad