Rumor: Islanders working on a Boychuk trade

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
The Islanders don’t need another defenseman. If Schmidt is a consistent 30 goal winger then there’s a deal to be made.

With his age and contract and injuries I'm not sure Boychuk returns a consistent 3 goal winger.

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
Seems like Isles are coming back with the same roster but worse. They're gonna need Barzal to be in the Hart conversation in order to do some damage. (Which isn't that unlikely to be fair)

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
I'm pretty skeptical of it being Detroit. Wings have already brought in 3 Dmen this offseason. I'd much rather they save their cap flexibility for a real improvement. Not to mention rumors that Detroit doesn't want to spend. I'd imagine they'd be asking the Islanders to pay through the roof

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
I'm pretty skeptical of it being Detroit. Wings have already brought in 3 Dmen this offseason. I'd much rather they save their cap flexibility for a real improvement. Not to mention rumors that Detroit doesn't want to spend. I'd imagine they'd be asking the Islanders to pay through the roof
His real money over the next 2 years is only $5.25M pretty sure ownership would jump on that.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
How does that make it attractive? Detroit doesn't have issue hitting the cap floor

Looking at the wings roster they lack RHD. If you can get a 2nd round pick plus get a decent defenseman only for 2.625M a year that is a pretty good deal. As somebody else pointed out if Detroit really cares about actual cash just throw Biega or another contract that is under 1M back at us

KrisBeKreame

Oct 5, 2009
Virginia
Need to remember though that there might not be an AHL this season, So burying him in the minors might not be an option.
If there is no AHL season then I have to think the NHL and PA work out some reserve system where call up are available for injury.

I do think there will be an AHL season. I think it will be compressed and regional but I think it will happen.

Reactions: Sir Savage the 21st

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Need to remember though that there might not be an AHL this season, So burying him in the minors might not be an option.

I can't see the league penalizing teams for having a 30 man roster if their is no AHL season. They probably will still have 23 man roster rules where guys who are part of the 23 man roster count against your cap and if you want one of the other 7 players somebody either needs to get injured or you send a guy down to the reserve roster who may be open to waiver rules(if they qualify for them)

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Looking at the wings roster they lack RHD. If you can get a 2nd round pick plus get a decent defenseman only for 2.625M a year that is a pretty good deal. As somebody else pointed out if Detroit really cares about actual cash just throw Biega or another contract that is under 1M back at us

They're not really lacking RHD. Hronek, Biega, and Lindstrom will be on the roster. Also not an issue to play a lefty on the right hand side. Lacking quality defenseman, yeah. But I doubt the team wants to spend a lot of cap and cash over the next 2 years for Boychuk without a pretty damn good incentive.

Reactions: Guttersniped

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
burn the cap. next off-season no team will be in cap trouble. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Guttersniped

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
They're not really lacking RHD. Hronek, Biega, and Lindstrom will be on the roster. Also not an issue to play a lefty on the right hand side. Lacking quality defenseman, yeah. But I doubt the team wants to spend a lot of cap and cash over the next 2 years for Boychuk without a pretty damn good incentive.

If Detroit wants good value for Boychuk, take a 2nd rounder from the Islander then turn around eat half his salary and trade him to a team that can afford the 3M caphit for something of value

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad