Post-Game Talk: Islanders @ Sens Feb. 11. 1 p.m. Eastern. The Afternoon Game Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
Andy! welcome home!
this team played great infront of him. that insurance in net will help The Sens alot for the last strech of the season.
lets hold onto that playoff spot

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
What a game. One of our best defensive game this year. Dis they even get 3 scoring chance ?

Good job by Pageau and Ceci who were in JT's face all game. And he did very little. That's what you want to do. That kind of talent will always get chance. But you have to keep them very low.

Must have been one of the easiest shootout in Anderson's career.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Smith has been good this year again. Plays well with everyone and plays hard.

About my comments on Pageau, I just feel he is at his best when he plays a simple hard working game. Games where he's trying to be fancy aren't his style. He's just more effective

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
I like Pageau. He's had an up and down year but I feel he's at his best when he plays his simple game. Not good when he tries to be fancy

Pageau just crushing Ovechkin and Tavares when matched up against them absolutely proves his worth. Regardless of the points he gets.

He just shut down Tavares. But I love the game vs Washington.

If you got Ovechkin so utterly neutralized that he is taking penalties on you. You are channelling Joel Otto or Guy Carboneau or freaking Doug Gilmour.

Pageau is awesome. And if he doesn't get 39 points this year it frankly does not matter.

Coach and teammates and heck fans know exactly what Pageau brings and his point total is not really that important. But even saying that he actually could get nearly 40 points anyway.

I tell you as a fan. I love our little wolverine. Give up 60 pounds on Ovechkin and make him as frustrated as all hell? Yeah. That is awesome.

Stone gets hit and injured so 175 pound Pageau goes up and attacks 260 lb Byfuglien. Because he literally does not give 2 F's.

Yeah I take that and his teammates take it and everyone realizes Pageau is a freaking warrior.

Pageau is going to at some point get 20 goals and 50 points. Some year. If he does not produce offensively every game or year it means nothing.

I am sure our ultra competitive star players wish they could play at 120% like Pageau does. Karlsson, Stone and Turris likely look up to little shrimp Pageau. They wish they could bring it on the level if Pageau. They likely play and think. I gotta just reach peak Pageau at this key defensive or offensive moment.

Pageau is freaking awesome. He would be with zero points. But he has a lot of points.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
Yeah I like him a lot too I don't care about his points I like when he's all heart and annoying people. I think at some moments he thought about the stat game too much and got away from what made him successful. Lately I have nothing to say

Canadian Time

Mar 2, 2002
Visit site
Nice game, Andy is such a pro. This team has really bought into Boucher's system, it's great to see. It's nice to see a real system that both works and the players seem to enjoy executing.

Shane Prince looked overwhelmed out there, not much going on there.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Fun stat: in the past 8 games Sens outscored opponents 2-1 on PK (25 opportunities). And I'm not even counting today's goal which was essentially shorthanded but came in 3 seconds after penalty expired.

Johnny Hanson

Jul 6, 2008
I like de Haans game for the islanders. He's an RFA at the end of year and could be lost in the expansion draft. I wonder if the isles would move him at the deadline? I think he would be a nice addition on the blue line.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Watched the 2nd and third and caught some of the first on the radio. Despite the shots, I never got much of a sense of them getting dangerous chances.

They didn't. Most of the shots were of low quality kind. Good defensive game by the boys.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
I like de Haans game for the islanders. He's an RFA at the end of year and could be lost in the expansion draft. I wonder if the isles would move him at the deadline? I think he would be a nice addition on the blue line.

could be a nice edition but would open us up to wasting assets for half a year if we want to extend him early

that and i dont see the isles dealing him for cheap

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Someone print this game out and stick it on aragorn's forehead so that he remembers it everytime he mentions Pageau in a trade for a 3rd line C upgrade

Anderson, Pageau, Pyatt and Smith were stellar.

Gord Miller ribbing Jamie hard today. I love this commentary team so much more than Rogers' garbage.

I absolutely ****ing love.

Such a reward after having to endure years of Dean Gord. Best part is Leafs have the worst in Ramanuk or whatever his name is lmao

Jorge Garcia

Dec 9, 2004
Someone print this game out and stick it on aragorn's forehead so that he remembers it everytime he mentions Pageau in a trade for a 3rd line C upgrade

Anderson, Pageau, Pyatt and Smith were stellar.

I absolutely ****ing love.

Such a reward after having to endure years of Dean Gord. Best part is Leafs have the worst in Ramanuk or whatever his name is lmao

I think Romanuk is an upgrade on Joe Blowhard. But some Leafs fans like Joe better because he's such an outrageous homer.

Erik Alfredsson

Beast Mode Cowboy!
Jan 14, 2012
You'd have to be crazy to not love what JGP brings to this team. He shuts down the best players in the league, and he does it often. Very underrated player, even by Sens fans.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Good game by the Sens. One of those games where you just can't look at the shot counter and assume the Sens were dominated.

Knowing the advanced stats nerds though, they will again gang up on the Sens about it.

Bouchers system is anti-advanced stats. :laugh:

They are fine with giving the opposing team bunch of offense time, but they box off the shooters so that they only take perimeter shots.

It will be interesting to see how this system fairs in the playoffs assuming they make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad