Post-Game Talk: Islanders @ Sens Feb. 11. 1 p.m. Eastern. The Afternoon Game Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
I didn't realize it was an afternoon game, so I'm only watching now. I'm halfway through the third and calling an Anderson shutout. I might give a retroactive jinx, but I'm crazy like that. Pageau is playing by far his best game since Ovechkin. I was thinking that exact thought before his goal, that just made it better. Much better effort so far. 11:48 left I'll come back when I'm done.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
I hope some of the boys took the opportunity to talk to Johnny T about the benefits of signing in Ottawa.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
5 minutes left, still betting on Anderson return shutout, don't blame me if it didn't happen, I can't influence events from the past.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Shutout shutout shutout. Okay, that's all until I'm actually done the game, 3:38 left, no momentum against, I like the odds..

Off the draw, nice chance by Turris.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Remember why we drafted Pageau... how he shadowed and shut down Couturier. Yeah, he's getting pretty good at that at the NHL level, too... Can't have LV take that.

1:17, I lied, but shutout, he's going to get a shutout

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
Certainly the best game since the all-start break, I dare say it's the best since the Washington game. Andy was a beaut, but the way the team played in front of him was different from the way they've played the past couple of games. I can't remember a single challenging save he had to make... which is good!

I wore my heritage jersey for the first time this season, I'd chalk the win up that.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Certainly the best game since the all-start break, I dare say it's the best since the Washington game. Andy was a beaut, but the way the team played in front of him was different from the way they've played the past couple of games. I can't remember a single challenging save he had to make... which is good!

The last challenging save that i remember he made was that Tavares shot in the 1st period.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

I wore my heritage jersey for the first time this season, I'd chalk the win up that.
So the win is because you were wearing your hermitage jersey to watch the game after it was already over?

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Part of this win goes dzingalalltheway due to his brilliant pun story.

Remember Dzingal, you now have to do pun story before every game.

God Flower

Somebody hold me
Dec 19, 2008
Ottawa
Did something happen to Methot today? I pvr'd the game and haven't watched it yet, but I just noticed that Methot played just over 14 minutes. Did he get hurt or benched or something? It's significantly lower than his average icetime, so I was just curious.

Nairbo

Nov 15, 2010
Did something happen to Methot today? I pvr'd the game and haven't watched it yet, but I just noticed that Methot played just over 14 minutes. Did he get hurt or benched or something? It's significantly lower than his average icetime, so I was just curious.

We had 7 dmen dressed and Phaneuf was on quite a bit from what I saw tonight. EK was also double shifting.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006

I didn't notice him getting hurt, but his minutes may have been down since the team dressed 7 defenceman today.

Hutz

Sep 7, 2007
I debated Bailey-ing on this responsibility, but since you asked so nicely, I'll stop Quine-ing and get down to it. Obviously, the big story is whether the Isles captain will stay in free agency, or if he'll sign elsewhere for a Prince-Lee sum. I'd like to see Ottawa in on the bidding but whether the bidding war involves someo-Nelson on the deal or not, the Isles Mayfield offers at the deadline.

Regardless, we need to put that aSeidenberg and let the dollars fall where they may. I hope they don't land on the floor because, if no one picks them up they'll just become Clutter-bucks.

I guess I've been going on about trades and not the game, eh? Gi, onta the topic at hand then. Look, the Islanders are the gallb-Ladd-er of the NHL right now. In theory and on paper, they should be working fine. But the team's consistently putting out gallstones and Leddy-ng their fanbase down. To succeed, they'll need a gimmick. A trick. A doo-Hickey. On paper, they'll have a tough fight. But if they go HamoNic Paul, they might stand a chance as he's the most expoitable part of our rost— oh, he's in the minors. Oops.

Their effort level Ta-varies too much for me, and despite this being a Strome game for Ottawa I could see the away Isles putting their pedal to the gas. Ottawa's key to success will be to score first so they can break the Greiss.

:yo::yo::yo:

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Good Game.

Hopefully Andy is enough of an upgrade to make us not worry about chocking out of a playoff spot.

TOR lost increasing our odds nicely.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
You could certainly be right, but as a fan, I would be happy giving him 1.5mil over a few years. I suspect other GMs would be, too. So, the real question is - how committed is Pyatt to the Sens vs how committed is Pyatt to the payday?

Imagine Pyatt and Condra on the 4th line and PK. Condra is in the AHL now and could probably be gotten for a very low pick or AHL roster player.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Imagine Pyatt and Condra on the 4th line and PK. Condra is in the AHL now and could probably be gotten for a very low pick or AHL roster player.

Actually Condra played tonight for Tampa Bay. We need to rebuild the 4th line, but I would consider other guys before Condra. Maybe if we really need another forward we can make a move for him in the off season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad