Rumor: Islanders looking to trade players

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Just a small prediction here but I see Islanders sending down Wahlstrom since he can't be picked up on waivers(but he basically will be back up by mid season)

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
No way they trade Clutterbuck, Trotz loves his 4th line. If I had to guess Panik might be the easiest to trade given his caphit is very low although if a team was willing to take Komarov instead the Islanders probably would trade him

What's the plan/consensus for next year on the 4th line? Re-signing the vets again or going with youthful promotions?

Or too early to tell?

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
What's the plan/consensus for next year on the 4th line? Re-signing the vets again or going with youthful promotions?

Or too early to tell?

Martin, Cizikas and Clutterbuck are all signed for this season, although Martin looks to be injured so one of Johnston, Panik or Komarov will probably temporarily take his spot. Clutterbuck is a UFA at season's end and although I actually wouldn't mind letting him go I see a him signing a longer term but lower caphit deal like Martin

Reactions: hn777

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
A few. All but three (2F and 1D) of the following have to either hit waivers or released from their PTOs:

Bellows
Johnston
MDC
Komarov
Panik
Gustafsson
Aho
Hickey
Now can you do this for every team? Lol very helpful thank you from all the waiver nerds.

Panik hitting waivers seems a little unlikely no? They just signed him I thought…

Aho would be a get for any team for sure. Nhl ready just stuck behind a stacked d

Reactions: hn777

SCMURRAY

Jul 6, 2016
Long Island
Lou looking to acquire something for serviceable 13th forwards like Leo/Dalcole and probably Hickey as well. Seems like not much of a market for these guys but who knows

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Why would NYI be concerned a team might claim 27 year old Ross Johnston?
images

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Panik hitting waivers seems a little unlikely no? They just signed him I thought…

He was part of the Leddy trade(who basically ate 50% of his contract so he is probably the easiest to trade given his caphit). Him and Komarov are somewhat redundant

Reactions: Nucker42

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
No way they trade Clutterbuck, Trotz loves his 4th line. If I had to guess Panik might be the easiest to trade given his caphit is very low although if a team was willing to take Komarov instead the Islanders probably would trade him
No one is taking Panik, he was cap dump already. He’s got another year on his contract.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
No one is taking Panik, he was cap dump already. He’s got another year on his contract.

His caphit is basically slightly above the amount it takes where you can bury him in the AHL(and not have (the bulk of) his caphit count) so for a team looking for a cheap bottom 6 option he might be attractive). I am not expecting the world for him maybe like a 5th or 6th

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
Maybe but Canucks don’t need wingers. They need RD and 4th line centres.

doesn’t make sense so likely Benning does it
We need depth at all positions, except perhaps LD and G. Who are the starting wingers on our 4th line? Highmore, Di Giuseppe and/or Lockwood? Giuseppe is like a 14th forward and Lockwood shouldn't be in the NHL. He's way too small for the game he plays and is going to get injured like 5 games in.

Reactions: Christina Woloski

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Ottawa needs cap floor, sauce them a pick for Komarov?

Islander's cap situation is pretty intact, only way I see them trading Komarov with a pick to get rid of his contract is if they have another trade lined up adding more salary

Now if Ottawa came and said hey if you put Komarov on waivers we will take him, I can see Islanders accepting that. Another possible deal I could see is if you guys had a contract we could bury in the minors.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
We need depth at all positions, except perhaps LD and G. Who are the starting wingers on our 4th line? Highmore, Di Giuseppe and/or Lockwood? Giuseppe is like a 14th forward and Lockwood shouldn't be in the NHL. He's way too small for the game he plays and is going to get injured like 5 games in.
Agree with most of that except Giuseppe being a 14th foward. He’s been excellent and is a 4th liner

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
Don’t forget Motte also coming back. The one player I’m not counting on is Sutter. I don’t think he ever plays again.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
A LW goon, you say?

Re: Komarov - I think Vegas would be able to take 2.7m of Komarov's salary with Tuch going on LTIR. He's kind of what they're looking for. The only problem would be getting rid of that contract later on in the year.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad