Rumor: Islanders looking to trade players

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
If I had to guess, Lou is trying to move Bellows before maybe later waiving him. I don’t think he’s afraid to waive Leo because he probably won’t get claimed.

Sticksandsun

Mar 11, 2015
Everyone speculating on who they will waive and I am just struggling to figure out why on earth they would care about losing an enforcer in 2021. To fight Tom Wilson? I would rather keep good players on the ice and not waste a spot on a goon.

Reactions: notsocommonsense

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I think they waived Panik because it would hurt less if he got claimed than Bellows.

bellows can play in the NHL right now but our line up is full. Not really any spots.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Why would NYI be concerned a team might claim 27 year old Ross Johnston?

Because he has a really cheap contract and is actually a really effective bottom 6 winger. He replaces Martin perfectly. In the grand scheme of things you’re not going to cry losing a 4th line guy but he is valuable to the team.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I think DaL Colle gets the last roster spot. Trotz loves him and trusts him. Salo doesn’t require waivers and he looks like he can be the emergency defenseman if needed.

Hopefully Lou can find a trade for Bellows and/or Aho

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Salo looks like quite a bit more than that.
I agree he’s ready right now but I’m talking as far as the roster and this year is concerned. They’re not going to just thrust him into a top4 role. Chara/Greene won’t be back next year. There’s room on the left side for Salo if all goes well this year. Bolduc as well

Reactions: ThreeLeftSkates

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011
I agree he’s ready right now but I’m talking as far as the roster and this year is concerned. They’re not going to just thrust him into a top4 role. Chara/Greene won’t be back next year. There’s room on the left side for Salo if all goes well this year. Bolduc as well

It’s damaging for Salo’s development to become the 7th defender. He needs minutes. Either he plays full time with the Isles or he starts of in the AHL.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Maybe but Canucks don’t need wingers. They need RD and 4th line centres.

doesn’t make sense so likely Benning does it
MN has 4th line C's coming out of their ass. Gaudreau, Rask,Bjugstad, Sturm.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
It’s damaging for Salo’s development to become the 7th defender. He needs minutes. Either he plays full time with the Isles or he starts of in the AHL.

he’s already been sent down. I was saying they could give the extra roster spot to bellows and if they needed to get a defensman they could call up Salo from Bridgeport. He’s going to get top minutes in the AHL definitely.
I wasn’t saying have him make the roster and just hang around as the 7th defenseman. I meant first call up.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005

Every team has a Sebastian Aho kind of player, I don't see anybody picking him up. Bellows on the other hand I can see a team taking a chance

Reactions: SI90

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
Just a small prediction here but I see Islanders sending down Wahlstrom since he can't be picked up on waivers(but he basically will be back up by mid season)
I agree. Not even mid season, probably like 5 games.
What's the plan/consensus for next year on the 4th line? Re-signing the vets again or going with youthful promotions?

Or too early to tell?
Too early, they're still great now. Clutter is the interesting one though because of his injuries.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
This is about potentially waiving Bellows and if there are 4 teams interested, going to the 3 that are lower in the pecking order and seeing if you can get an asset

Ottawa needs cap floor, sauce them a pick for Komarov?
Nah dude we don't want the cap space. Actually Leo helps us maximize it with Boychuk on LTIR.

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011
he’s already been sent down. I was saying they could give the extra roster spot to bellows and if they needed to get a defensman they could call up Salo from Bridgeport. He’s going to get top minutes in the AHL definitely.
I wasn’t saying have him make the roster and just hang around as the 7th defenseman. I meant first call up.

Ow! I’ve totally missed that he has already been sent down. Thanks for the info!

Reactions: SI90

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
I think DaL Colle gets the last roster spot. Trotz loves him and trusts him. Salo doesn’t require waivers and he looks like he can be the emergency defenseman if needed.

It would be simply irresponsible to lose a player to waivers to keep MDC on the NHL roster.

Send him down, no one is claiming him. Then recall him once injuries hit.

Reactions: Wanderson

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019

https://twitter.com/stapeathletic/status/1446908620080254977?s=21

The forwards seem easy.

No one is claiming MDC because he's a dime-a-dozen grinder.
No one is claiming Komarov because his caphit makes him waiver proof.

Keep Bellows on the NHL roster.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
1. Islanders do not have cap issues, so don't think you're going to get free picks.
2. Trotz loves LOVES Komarov. I'd be surprised if he's moved.
3. MDC made the team out of camp last season, he's been replaced by Parise
4. Johnston is a serviceable 4th liner, people think he can only fight because he's really good at it.
5. Clutterbuck is probably going to get signed to the same deal as Martin in the offseason for less years (1.5m).

Panik had a really good camp for someone who might need a bottom six winger. Bellows is right on the cusp of breaking out, but hasn't done it yet with no guarantee he will. These are the two players most likely to garner trade interest.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
It would be simply irresponsible to lose a player to waivers to keep MDC on the NHL roster.

Send him down, no one is claiming him. Then recall him once injuries hit.
I agree with you. I’m just going off of that I believe Trotz would prefer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad