Post-Game Talk: Islanders @ Capitals Game 7 7:30pm 4/27/15 (MOD WARNING POST #2 ALL MUST READ)

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
giphy.gif

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Man, I wish we'd come out with a change of forwards/etc.

Trotz has been putting out the same lines basically the entire series. Islanders have obviously been game planning/having success against it (outside our top line our other 3 forward lines have 6 goals in 6 games with 3 of them being in one game... Yikes).

If we came out with differnet lines I think it would confuse the **** out of the Islanders and the head games would start.

What I'm worried about is half of the Islanders defense are guys that don't belong in the NHL yet, but are still shutting down the Caps pretty well. 2 of their top 4 guys are out injured. Also, the 2nd and 3rd D lines are the ones being matched up against our 2nd, 3rd, and 4th line of "veterans" and those lines just still can't get going.

I have a feeling the lack of coaching adjustments is going to cost us - or It's finally going to all come together with the law of averages being on our side and we dominate.

..... which means we're in for a nailbiter or Caps blowout loss probably, b/c I tend to always be wrong lol

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I know right. I was expecting a repeat of Ovi on Hal Gil incident.

With that said, I'd like a blowout tonight. Win or loss (win preferable). That game 7 against Boston was not good for my heart.

I didn't celebrate the Ward goal for 3+ minutes, awaiting the word that a review was pending. :laugh:

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
They have won their last two on home ice. Glencross in for Latta was a no-brainer...probably should have happened before last game. No matter. If they can't find a way to get a decisive advantage vs. their second and third D pairs then...:help:.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
We better not lose.

For then we have to watch the battle of NY, for which the only win is if they both lose.

Finnish off those dmen, and then hammer halak up high

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
Man, I wish we'd come out with a change of forwards/etc.

Trotz has been putting out the same lines basically the entire series. Islanders have obviously been game planning/having success against it (outside our top line our other 3 forward lines have 6 goals in 6 games with 3 of them being in one game... Yikes).

If we came out with differnet lines I think it would confuse the **** out of the Islanders and the head games would start.

What I'm worried about is half of the Islanders defense are guys that don't belong in the NHL yet, but are still shutting down the Caps pretty well. 2 of their top 4 guys are out injured. Also, the 2nd and 3rd D lines are the ones being matched up against our 2nd, 3rd, and 4th line of "veterans" and those lines just still can't get going.

I have a feeling the lack of coaching adjustments is going to cost us - or It's finally going to all come together with the law of averages being on our side and we dominate.

..... which means we're in for a nailbiter or Caps blowout loss probably, b/c I tend to always be wrong lol

Yep. Both Strait and Hickey are playing over their head. Now add Donvoan and Mayfield but kudos to the Islanders. Even with all of those challenges they are still shutting down the Caps. Only one person to blame, Trotz. His coaching staff needs to find a way to exploit those d-men. This series Trotz has been out coached by Capuano and it isn't even funny.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Tell me puck drop is at 737, not 20+ minutes from now, a tribute to Nassau crap again

Backstrom #19

Trotz for president
May 12, 2007
Savannah Georgia
First goal wins. Isles score first and the Caps collapse like they have before. Caps score first and the floodgates open up and Caps win by 4+.

Just ****ing win.

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
So if I heard him correctly, John Shannon is saying that when you look at Game 7 history, Tavares has the advantage. This is interesting considering that Tavares has never played an NHL Game 7.

TSN is so much better than Sportsnet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad