Pre-Game Talk: Countdown thread to 24-25 Season (T - 2 days)

Who's going to be the surprise of this camp ?

• Beck

Votes: 10 4.2%
  • Kapanen

Votes: 145 60.7%
  • Heineman

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Mesar

Votes: 16 6.7%
  • Engstrom

Votes: 36 15.1%
  • Farrell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trudeau

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • F. Xhekaj

Votes: 7 2.9%
  • Tuch

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • Hughes

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Davidson

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Kidney

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Maybe, but Primeau needs waivers, while Dobes doesn't. Dobes can go play starter in the A, while Primeau warms the bench behind Monty in Montreal.
Eventually Primo has to get in. Montanbo (who I am far from sure about) can't play all 82 games. They way he looked in pre-season leaves Habs very little chance to win. UNles they score like 6+ goals per game.

Intangir

Aug 14, 2008
Montreal, QC
Eventually Primo has to get in. Montanbo (who I am far from sure about) can't play all 82 games. They way he looked in pre-season leaves Habs very little chance to win. UNles they score like 6+ goals per game.

We'll see how he does during the season. I was not enthused at all by Primeau's play in the preseason, but it means exactly nothing as compared to the regular season.

As an example of the relative futility of the preseason to gauge player performance during the season, I remember when 20+ years ago (admittedly on a somewhat weak Preds' team) Tomas Vokoun looked absolutely horrible in camp, letting in multiple weak goals each time he was in net, only to play something like 70 games in the regular season and contend for the Vezina that year.

So yeah, we can never really know.

And while it's clear Primeau isn't nearly the same caliber of goalie as Vokoun was, I still liked how he looked and competed last year after we traded Allen, so who knows, maybe he settles down and has a good season?

Also, I'm not really expecting us to do much this year so even if Primeau falters a bit out there I still think it's better to let Jakub Dobes cook in the AHL given how much progression he showed there last year rather than having him play NHL backup and seeing less ice than he would in Laval.

Aside from that, first game of our season is in officially less than 2 days, hope it's a good one. Win or lose I'll get absolutely shredded after the game with buddies I don't see nearly often enough anymore. Sucks to be old.

Oh, and cheers.

Last edited:

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
This season is crucial in our quest to return to relevance. Are we a team that will transcend our contemporaries? The Sabres, Wings, Sens, and others? Let's f***ing go boys!

Reactions: ReHabs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad