GDT: Islanders @ Capitals - 11/5/13 - Nielsen > Tavares

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ovechtrick89*

Apr 10, 2012
I don't even know where to begin to respond to this :amazed:

Please do, however please don't go all canadian like every other Pejorative Slured anti european 'expert' on the canadian airwaves.

I see they aren't Ovi bashing over there anymore are they since he picked up another Hart....

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
I swear if Backstrom just scored more goals people wouldn't even talk about Crosby, they'd talk about who's the better capital, he or Ovi.

One things for sure is Nick can assist his team mates just as good if not better than Crosby. In fact you have to give him more credit considering Crosby is almost always passing to an all star line mate.

Whaaaaaaat? That's like saying if Troy Brouwer scored more goals he would be like Ovechkin. Crosby is everything Nick is and better. And that a no insult to Nick.

Ovechtrick89*

Apr 10, 2012
Those idiots on canadian TV and that tw@t on NBC couldn't wait for an Ovi 'slump' to dig their claws into him and j-i-z-z over Sid-erella.

Our Russki is the best in the world and those canucks will have to deal with it because he's not going anywhere anytime soon.

SkinsFan09

Jun 10, 2009
Brooklyn
Apart from speed, seriously what does sid have a big advantage over Nick? Their vision is almost identical and i guess if you want to be really picky you can slightly give the edge to sid but then you have to consider the great offensive players he plays with as opposed to Nick who pretty much can only rely on Ovi to hit the net the majority of the times.

Crosby is better and it's not close. Enough.

Darkproducer

Mar 25, 2008
Whaaaaaaat? That's like saying if Troy Brouwer scored more goals he would be like Ovechkin. Crosby is everything Nick is and better. And that a no insult to Nick.

This is true. I dont know many caps fans (if any) that would take Backstrom over Crosby if they were being unbiased (imo). anyway enough about 87. Talking about him is killing my happy joy joy feeling lol

PRicci09

Jan 17, 2013
Apart from speed, seriously what does sid have a big advantage over Nick? Their vision is almost identical and i guess if you want to be really picky you can slightly give the edge to sid but then you have to consider the great offensive players he plays with as opposed to Nick who pretty much can only rely on Ovi to hit the net the majority of the times.

Crosby is faster, stronger, has a better shot, has better hockey IQ, better vision, better passer, better at faceoffs and a better skater.
I think that sums it up

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009
Please do, however please don't go all canadian like every other Pejorative Slured anti european 'expert' on the canadian airwaves.

I see they aren't Ovi bashing over there anymore are they since he picked up another Hart....

Make no mistake. I do not like crosby in the least. I think his personality is so practiced he's fake and I hate some of his on ice antics (diving, nutpunching).

Nicky is a great center but he isn't on the same level as Crosby.

Liberati0n*

Crosby is faster, stronger, has a better shot, has better hockey IQ, better vision, better passer, better at faceoffs and a better skater.
I think that sums it up

You forgot better diver.

Ovechtrick89*

Apr 10, 2012
This season so far

Backstrom Ga 15 G 5 A 14 (including tonight)
Sid Ga 15 G 8 A 15

So like i said apart from being able to hit the net much better than Nick what MASSIVE advantage does he have over him? Faceoffs?

Crosby is great, absolutely no denying on my part ok, but people act like he's the second coming when there are guys in this league who can play on his level and there is also one above his level - Ovi.

People also sleep on Sedin (Henrik).

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
MOAR goals, please -- thanks in advance. Phone Booth will explode if GOATvechkin gets the Trick.

Also, Urbom rules. Sooooo much better than Erskine or Schultz. Schmidt is impressive. Green needs a goal or something to get his head out of his ass.

Loving Tom Wilson, and Latta.

Ovechtrick89*

Apr 10, 2012
OK so if you REALLY are going to dismiss Nick when compared to Sid. It can't be denied that he's better than Malkin.

MW6

Sponsor
Oct 21, 2011
Umeå
I think that sums it up

I don't agree about the bolded ones. Not saying it's the other way around either, more of a tie. And Nicky is better defensively IMO.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Exactly don't be THOSE Caps fans. Crosby is good, get over it.

Backstrom and Ovechkin quietly up to 3/4 in scoring...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad