Rumor: Iskakhov Leaving The Islanders

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
Give him an a 2-way deal with a pretty high guarantee on the AHL side. Would love to get him into camp next year with the goal of getting him a 10-15 game look in the top 6 with other scorers and see how he does.

Given the state of NYI's farm system and cap situation, they need hit on a few cost controlled players to stay relevant over the next 2-3 years.

Potvottier

Jan 3, 2024
How did he look in his 1 game?
He looked small, but quick. Doesn't have top speed but has quick first couple of steps, and his lateral movement is great.

He got knocked around a bit, but wasn't afraid to engage. Small sample size, but he seemed to have good instincts, and worked hard.

I am one of those guys who are willing to wait a season or two for a young guy to really catch on, so I was not disappointed. I feel like he can make a spot for himself, and I also KNOW that he has a skillset that would benefit us. At worst, 3rd liner with PP duties, maybe? IDK...

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
He got bounced around a lot. His assist came on the power play. All in all I think he earned another opportunity to dress for the parent club.
Carolina is not a big team. If Pageau remains out maybe give Isk a game especially if the Isles continue to have scoring issues.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Carolina is not a big team. If Pageau remains out maybe give Isk a game especially if the Isles continue to have scoring issues.
I meant for him to dress for a regular season game.

The Canes move the puck faster than Iskakhov can cover ground. I wouldn't want him dressing in this series. Iskhakov needs to play a heavy game. Blocking shots is Roy's game plan for shutting down Carolina. I don't see him in the mix now

Reactions: YearlyLottery

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
I meant for him to dress for a regular season game.

The Canes move the puck faster than Iskakhov can cover ground. I wouldn't want him dressing in this series. Iskhakov needs to play a heavy game. Blocking shots is Roy's game plan for shutting down Carolina. I don't see him in the mix now

Ishakov was horrid defensively as well. He should get time starting next season and he has some nice potential. Gets a taste of the NHL before gearing up for the offseason is something I love to see.

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
it is what it is , but I just wonder how much he'll make in the KHL verses what Lou offered him as an above average base AHL salary to entice him to stay . Lou doesnt seem to mind paying some veteran guys 250-300 K

RangersFan1994

Aug 20, 2019
Not old enough to play for the Islanders and has too much offensive potential. Stupid decision by the Islanders

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
it is what it is , but I just wonder how much he'll make in the KHL verses what Lou offered him as an above average base AHL salary to entice him to stay . Lou doesnt seem to mind paying some veteran guys 250-300 K
Could be 200K for Isles in AHL or 400K tax free in Russia. Either way we hold his rights so I'm ok with him developing overseas and then making the lineup next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad