OT: Other Sports 82

Wally1112pac

Three Year Rebuild lol
Jul 10, 2019
Cant wait until Moncada era ends

At least Jimenez was good when healthy, Moncada has been shit when healthy

It would be nice if we could erase that last 8 years of Sox baseball. Forget everything except for Abreu.

Tigers GM appears to have pulled a Getz

#8 and #22 Dodgers prospects

White Sox should have hired someone from Dodgers front office instead of Getz

Getz RIPPED OFF!

Reactions: QueerGirrl

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
Cant wait until Moncada era ends

At least Jimenez was good when healthy, Moncada has been shit when healthy

19 yr old 2B/SS William Bergolla is the #11 prospect in Phillies system

Is it just me or did Sox got better prospect from Phillies for Banks than we did in the Fedde/Pham/Kopech giveaway?
Moncada has almost as much WAR as Robert through 5 seasons.
Moncada was not that bad up until 2022.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
I don’t have nearly as much sympathy for Eloy Jimenez as some of my fellow (former)Sox fans.

If you ask me the reason why he keeps getting hurt most likely comes down to his own lack of work ethic/will to succeed/inability to play his OF position.

Just think back to that ridiculous injury he suffered literally RIGHT before the start of the 2021 season….that was 100% on him for being a completely incompetent outfielder.

And what about all these pulled hammys from simply jogging to 1st base? How does that happen? Is it all just bad luck or maybe is it because the guy is lazy and doesn’t/didn’t work hard enough to keep his body in proper shape?

Call it bad luck if you will. Maybe it’s a mix of both, but IMO he lacks the work ethic/proper mental toughness and drive to succeed that you need to make it in pro sports. He got paid his $$, and then got lazy and content and IMO that’s why he never developed beyond his rookie season and kept getting injured. Wasn’t in shape. Didn’t work hard enough. That’s my opinion and I’m sticking with it. Good riddance Eloy.

belfour30

Connor Bedard Fangirl
Dec 14, 2019
Thorpe has been figured out and Vargas/Fletcher do not impact the ball.
Nice scouting job, Getz.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
CWS are +200 to be under 42.5 wins. I couldn’t find odds on a prop bet that puts them below 40.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
They are playing the A's next so it would be surprising if they tied or broke the record.

As bad as the A's are they are still 20+ games better than the White Sox. I would bet the Sox do at least win a game against them, but I also wouldn't be shocked if they got swept either.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Yeah, at this point you root for history. Permanently stain Reinsdorf's legacy - as if it needed more evidence.

* 1 more loss to tie the AL record set by Baltimore in 1988 (who broke their streak against the Sox of course)
* 3 more losses to tie the modern day MLB (and NL) record set by the Phillies in 1961
* 6 more losses to tie the all-time record from the Louisville Colonels in 1889

I also expect a win against the A's.

And for a positive spin - just 3 years ago the Orioles lost 19 in a row and look where they are now. But the Sox dont have the bats in the system to give us that type of hope.

• Wow
Reactions: hawksrule

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad