Is this our biggest team ever in the cap era?

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household

Chara, Lucic, McQuaid, Boychuk, Horton, Thornton, Seidenberg
The Bruins were among the smallest teams in the league in 2011.

On average, this year’s roster is nearly 2” taller and 9lbs heavier. Current iteration is the biggest roster in the NHL. It not only is the biggest Bruins team in cap era (which probably means all time), it’s likely the biggest team of the era, period.

Reactions: CDJ and RoccoF14

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024

On average, this year’s roster is nearly 2” taller and 9lbs heavier. Current iteration is the biggest roster in the NHL. It not only is the biggest Bruins team in cap era (which probably means all time), it’s likely the biggest team of the era, period.

Nice! Didn't know that. Specially the last part. Exciting times.

The Un4casted Storm

May 14, 2015
Vancouver, Canada

Had no idea the 2011 team wasn't that big! Just goes to shows that there's more to team toughness than just size - the attitude/mentality the players play with goes a long way as well.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Yes but you have to deduct some for big guys that aren't good at fighting.

2011 had Lucic, Chara, mcQuaid who could feed anyone in the league. Then Thornton.

I sort of give them the nod as the bigger team. Motivated Horton was a big dude he shrunk and stunk when he went though the motions but was good that year.

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
The impressive part to me is that many of the big guys in this lineup skate very well for their size, especially the defense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad