Around the League - Pre-Season 2024-2025

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site

Oilers head coach Kris Knoblauch said Sunday that Dermott has made an impression on management and the coaching staff throughout camp.

“Before Wednesday, we’ll see what happens with Travis,” Knoblauch told reporters, pointing to the team's opening game roster. “But I think he’s made a very positive impression with management and the coaching staff on just the way he plays.

“He’s tenacious, he’s quick, he moves the puck really well, he does everything fairly well so we need that and also the flexibility of him being able to play left defence and right defence.”

Dermott is 15 months older than Rifai. Has played 329 NHL games.
Oilers have $170k in space and 7 defense already under contract.

If signed wonder if it will be a two-way, and if he's waived right away?

Reactions: uncleben

weems

Jul 3, 2008
Love this... "f*** the plays, pound their f***ing D!"

This is such an underrated aspect of winning playoff series.
Getting pucks in deep, forechecking and finishing checks on opposing D.
Once you get to game 5-7, these defencemen are mush and don't want to retrieve pucks anymore.
They also start to handle the puck with less poise and the turnovers starts to increase.

Reactions: DarkKnight

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
That Maurice clip is exactly what I’m talking about when I say many great teams embody the attitude of their coach. That is championship aggression Maurice brought out of his group.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007

You feel for that franchise. Things just go from bad to worse.

Here is their lineup to start the season. Ouch.

So, #CBJ 23-man roster:
F (13): Sillinger, Kuraly, Gambrell, Fantilli, van Riemsdyk, Monahan, Olivier, Aston-Reese, Chinakhov, Labanc, Pyyhtiä, Marchenko, Johnson.
D (8): Christiansen, Johnson, Werenski, Provorov, Harris, Gudbranson, Jiricek, Severson.
G (2): Tarasov, Merzlikins.

Reactions: ACC1224

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
This is such an underrated aspect of winning playoff series.
Getting pucks in deep, forechecking and finishing checks on opposing D.
Once you get to game 5-7, these defencemen are mush and don't want to retrieve pucks anymore.
They also start to handle the puck with less poise and the turnovers starts to increase.

I still think the absolute best strategy is if you are losing. Just pound the puck from the blue line at the players. Make them block shots. Right at their feet. Good luck skating in game 7.

• Haha
Reactions: weems

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad