Value of: Is there a trade market for Torey Krug?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
Barrie for Krug?

Must be a joke? Krug is basically Barrie with a longer contract and a little bit better on 5v5. Key word little bit. Both need to be sheltered and both are small, one dimensional. I'd rather not pay the extra $2m for 5 more years. If anything, Edmonton should look at exploring to move Barrie next year once Broberg is ready (he's playing amazing in the AHL right now) and bump Bouchard to PP1.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
I think Anthony Deangelo RFA in 2022. (AAV $ 1,000,000). Although I could be wrong.

Anthony Deangelo Contract, Cap Hit, Salary and Stats - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

It is unlikely that the arbitration will award him a large sum. Even if Anthony sets a personal performance record. All things considered, Deangelo's career. There is more chance that both parties will agree on a mutually beneficial contract.
Although everything can be.
dunno.gif

DeAngelo is a very unique situation. He can point out that 53 points in 68 games earned him a $4.8M AAV contract entering 20-21. I don't know if his problems in New York are admissible in an arbitration hearing.

I can easily see DeAngelo getting something around $4.8M again if he goes to arbitration. Does Carolina walk away if that happens? I don't think they do unless it goes much higher than that.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
Barrie for Krug?
Jesus no thanks. Barrie is already signed too long let alone taking that albatross contract. .

We have a pipeline coming in on the left side right now and who knows if Klefbom comes back as well. Barrie for a stopper style RD would be ideal. With Nurse and Bouchard we have our offensive d-men covered.

johnnybbadd

Mar 29, 2011
Blues are 6-1 and they want to move players? Am I missing something? If I were them I would try to hold on to Tarasenko for a run this year and see if he feels differently about being traded in the offseason. Blues could always add a rental at the deadline for short term help on D.

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
Must be a joke? Krug is basically Barrie with a longer contract and a little bit better on 5v5. Key word little bit. Both need to be sheltered and both are small, one dimensional. I'd rather not pay the extra $2m for 5 more years. If anything, Edmonton should look at exploring to move Barrie next year once Broberg is ready (he's playing amazing in the AHL right now) and bump Bouchard to PP1.

I didn't realize the contract was that much longer. Krug is a LS. Only reason I would entertain it.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I mean, I'd absolutely take him back on the Bruins but if we were going to pay him that contract would've just paid him back in 2020.

Maybe if the Blues retained a smidgen and then we could sell off Reilly to someone else to offset some of it.
Not happy with Reilly ,but I definitely do not want Krug back........One of the few smart moves by Sweeney not signing him.......

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Blues are 6-1 and they want to move players? Am I missing something? If I were them I would try to hold on to Tarasenko for a run this year and see if he feels differently about being traded in the offseason. Blues could always add a rental at the deadline for short term help on D.
It's just a hypothetical question about value. Internal Blues board discussions see the team's achilles heel toward being a true contender as not having a top pair LD or having cap room to acquire him. Our top AHL prospect is a Hobey Baker-winning Krug clone but not yet established. Was one of the best 7 defensemen in camp but the only one waiver eligible.

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017

No, the Blues don't want to move players. Only some fans who decided from the start that they didn't like Krug, probably because people were bitter about Petro leaving.

It's just a hypothetical question about value. Internal Blues board discussions see the team's achilles heel toward being a true contender as not having a top pair LD or having cap room to acquire him. Our top AHL prospect is a Hobey Baker-winning Krug clone but not yet established. Was one of the best 7 defensemen in camp but the only one waiver eligible.

That's your opinion, but it doesn't mean that all Blues fans agree. I personally think our top 4 is fine, but we need someone better than Mikkola or Walman for the 3rd pair.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Lots of interest for sure. Can see the kings , penguins, caps, and wings all having some interest but I agree the best fit would be Montreal. Have not heard anything about Krug not wanting to play in Canada but this could be accurate

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Lots of interest for sure. Can see the kings , penguins, caps, and wings all having some interest but I agree the best fit would be Montreal. Have not heard anything about Krug not wanting to play in Canada but this could be accurate
NHL insiders mentioned Canada 2 years ago, When he had a 8 team no trade list and reportedly they were all the Canadien teams.

simon IC

Sponsor
Sep 8, 2007
Canada
I honestly think the Krug signing was a rare knee-jerk reaction by Doug Armstrong. I didn't like the signing then, and I don't like it now, but that's because he is an undersized PMD that needs sheltering, and because I really don't think the contract will age well, and he has an NTC. It has nothing to do with Pietrangelo's departure. Having said that, the Blues need his offensive contributions, and as others have stated, it is way too early to pencil in Perunovich as Krug's replacement. IF, Perunovich establishes himself as well as projected, I could see Krug being dealt in a couple of seasons. He will not likely be dealt this season or next.

Last edited:

Bobby Orrtuzzo

Ya know
Jul 8, 2015
St. Louis
As already kinda mentioned, there’s a portion of the fan base that have it cemented in their heads that signing him was the direct cause for Petro leaving, so he will not get a totally fair shake no matter what he does here.

Bye Bye Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
No, the Blues don't want to move players. Only some fans who decided from the start that they didn't like Krug, probably because people were bitter about Petro leaving.

That's your opinion, but it doesn't mean that all Blues fans agree. I personally think our top 4 is fine, but we need someone better than Mikkola or Walman for the 3rd pair.
100% agree with all of this.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule

I definitely agree with feeling that the top 4 is fine. I just want Walman and Mikkola out of the everyday defensive core. IDC if it's by getting a Top four LHD or a bottom pairing LHD.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
No freaking way Krug waives for Edmonton, He chose St Louis because he still wants to be close to his and his wife's family in greater Detroit, Michigan.

If that is correct then you are looking at Detroit, Columbus and Pittsburgh as teams that could make a move for him in terms of distance. Those teams having the need and willing to pay are two different things though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad