Value of: Is there a trade market for Torey Krug?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
That's fine if some of our fellow Blues fans disagree with the idea that the team needs a top pair LD but don't go ascribing motive to us.

For one we have expressed very clearly from the get go that we don't like how the current defense is constructed. So you like the mix on defense, super duper. We don't. I for one was thrilled that Petro got to sign his big contract even if it wasn't here and I didn't bad mouth Doug Armstrong either because I hold him in very high regard.

Should I go ascribing motive to you people? Maybe suggest that you're shameless homers who lick Doug Armstrong's shoes? See two can play that game but I won't suggest that because it's petty and unproductive in these discussions.

So please stop pretending that people who want a LD upgrade just hate Krug because he's not Petro. We don't hate Krug, we just think we need a LD upgrade and posters are trying to find creative scenarios to accomplish that. That's it...no reason to lay your petty little extra shots and ascribed motives on our doorsteps. But since you did.. f*** you too.

LeonDraisaitl

Jan 5, 2015
Saskatchewan
That's fine if some of our fellow Blues fans disagree with the idea that the team needs a top pair LD but don't go ascribing motive to us.

For one we have expressed very clearly from the get go that we don't like how the current defense is constructed. So you like the mix on defense, super duper. We don't. I for one was thrilled that Petro got to sign his big contract even if it wasn't here and I didn't bad mouth Doug Armstrong either because I hold him in very high regard.

Should I go ascribing motive to you people? Maybe suggest that you're shameless homers who lick Doug Armstrong's shoes? See two can play that game but I won't suggest that because it's petty and unproductive in these discussions.

So please stop pretending that people who want a LD upgrade just hate Krug because he's not Petro. We don't hate Krug, we just think we need a LD upgrade and posters are trying to find creative scenarios to accomplish that. That's it...no reason to lay your petty little extra shots and ascribed motives on our doorsteps. But since you did.. f*** you too.
It’s been mentioned but it looks awful to consider trading a player before he even plays a full season. So from that I can’t see trading him or even entertaining the thought of trading him to be realistic.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
We aren't trading him, he's performed exactly to expectations, and we absolutely won't consider a move while Perunovich hasn't played and performed to a top 4 level in the NHL.
Exactly this.

Also, I get this is all hypothetical fun, but everyone seems to be ignoring one crucial fact here...KRUG HAS A FULL NTC THRU THE 24/25 SEASON

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
Exactly this.

Also, I get this is all hypothetical fun, but everyone seems to be ignoring one crucial fact here...KRUG HAS A FULL NTC THRU THE 24/25 SEASON

I'm quite surprised how liberally Armstrong has given out full NTC, or close to full to Krug, Scandella, and Faulk.

Reactions: BlueSeal

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017

I think you're taking this a bit too seriously, champ. F you, really?

But that's the kind of post I'd expect from a habitual Krug hater.

westc2

Nov 2, 2015
St. Louis, MO
The Krug signing was the nail in the coffin for Pietrangelo leaving because it made it impossible for the Blues to do so. Many fans are still bitter about it. I haven't been very impressed with Krug thus far either. He's a decent 2nd pairing guy I guess. He's a bit overpaid in my opinion though.

But to be fair, Faulk was in a similar situation and now he's like a completely different player. Faulk has been awesome the past couple seasons. So maybe Krug will have the same transformation for the Blues as the season progresses. That being said, his NMC aside, it's too early to talk about trading him when there's really no reason for it at the moment.

Reactions: Blues Knight

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
I honestly think the Krug signing was a rare knee-jerk reaction by Doug Armstrong. I didn't like the signing then, and I don't like it now, but that's because he is an undersized PMD that needs sheltering, and because I really don't think the contract will age well, and he has an NTC. It has nothing to do with Pietrangelo's departure. Having said that, the Blues need his offensive contributions, and as others have stated, it is way too early to pencil in Perunovich as Krug's replacement. IF, Perunovich establishes himself as well as projected, I could see Krug being dealt in a couple of seasons. He will not likely be dealt this season or next.

Krug was signed to help replace what Pietrangelo contributed offensively. He’s not meant to be a direct replacement for him(Parayko is probably the closest player who can do that overall). Krug was the next best defenseman he could acquire in FA.

If he didn’t sign Krug, the D would be worse off. Dunn hasn’t shown he’s as good Krug and Perunovich hasn’t shown anything on the NHL level yet.

In 2-3 years this might be a different discussion, but as of now or last year, I view the signing as 100% necessary.

I'm quite surprised how liberally Armstrong has given out full NTC, or close to full to Krug, Scandella, and Faulk.

That’s likely because Armstrong doesn’t do NMCs.

Reactions: Zezel’s Pretzels

sh724

Jun 2, 2009
Missouri
The Krug signing was the nail in the coffin for Pietrangelo leaving because it made it impossible for the Blues to do so. Many fans are still bitter about it. I haven't been very impressed with Krug thus far either. He's a decent 2nd pairing guy I guess. He's a bit overpaid in my opinion though.

But to be fair, Faulk was in a similar situation and now he's like a completely different player. Faulk has been awesome the past couple seasons. So maybe Krug will have the same transformation for the Blues as the season progresses. That being said, his NMC aside, it's too early to talk about trading him when there's really no reason for it at the moment.

The Krug signing was because DA knew Petro wasnt coming back. If DA was confident he could sign Petro he would never have reached out to Krug.

He doesnt have a NMC he has a NTC for a portion of the contract. The Blues do not give out NMCs, that was one of the major contention points with Petro.

Reactions: Reality Czech

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
To the Blues fans saying "we aren't trading Krug":
STAY OUT OF THIS THREAD...this isn't for you. It's that simple.

I'm aware of the unlikelihood of the Blues trading a guy so soon after signing him. I'm simply looking for opinions from other teams as to what he'd be worth to their club, if anything.

Reactions: PocketNines

Zezel’s Pretzels

May 25, 2019
Pietrangelo was actually in Vegas, getting his knob polished several hours after free agency opened when they signed Krug. Dude was gone.

Taking our infighting to the main boards is...fun times. For whatever it's worth, I always pull for the guy who is currently wearing our sweater and who chose to wear our sweater. Everything else is ancient history and Monday Morning QBing that goes nowhere.

Plus, I think the Blues haven't had a team this connected/happy to play with each other than the Gloria period. Krug seems like a solid part of that (his banter with Perron on Twitter being an example), and Faulk is a huge part of that - witness Schenn going to battle with Kadri within the first minute of the season.

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012

Big UFAs like that will demand it for at least a few years just to prevent sneaky GMs from flipping them early into a contract. Probably has become more demanded now after McPhee pulled that fast move with Nate Schmidt.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
That's what happens when you sign UFA's :dunno:

FWIW Scandella is a only 7-team no trade list and the other two go from full to partial NTC's in the later years of the contracts. They're basically all structured to be a moveable if/when the player needs to be moved.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
No, the Blues don't want to move players. Only some fans who decided from the start that they didn't like Krug, probably because people were bitter about Petro leaving.

That's your opinion, but it doesn't mean that all Blues fans agree. I personally think our top 4 is fine, but we need someone better than Mikkola or Walman for the 3rd pair.
Correct, we disagree, but you also were one of those guys who hated Pietrangelo and supported the idea that Shattenkirk was better. I am extremely comfortable being on the opposite side of how you appraise defense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad