Is Slafkovsky the worst #1 pick ever ?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Profet

Longtime lurker
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2002
NY
shop.profetkeyboards.com
Answer: Not likely...

1698164213281.png

Reactions: EdJovanovski

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Laf is at least a 0.5PPG player. Below what you want from a 1OA, but is a legitimate middle-6 player at age 22, so still a 1st round quality player.
The issue with Lafreniere is he needs to either become a top forward or actually learn to develop a middle-six game, or else he's just a Max Domi type that can either be a bad team scorer or a rather uninspiring offense-only depth guy. I suppose Domi is an adequate enough mid-1st rounder but in reality, he doesn't do much for any team that wants to win. 3rd liners with over 60 % offensive zone start time and no penalty killing time are kind of icky.

Reactions: Hisch13r

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
I don’t watch the Canadiens much, but of the few games I have seen from him, I was not impressed. I believe I used the word “clueless” to describe him in two different games over two seasons. He’s young and can develop, but at the current moment he is not a very good NHL player.

Reactions: Frank Drebin

Jeffrey Pedler

Mar 21, 2018
Being bigger than everyone when you’re a teenager isn’t the same when you start playing against grown men. He’s big even for the NHL but is he stronger than most players? I doubt it. If you’re used to being able to push other players around and you can’t do that anymore, it’s difficult to play your game and you have to find ways to adjust and keep trying to get stronger

He's almost 40lbs bigger than your average NHL. The kid is the size of a linebacker and should start hitting like one.

Reactions: Strat

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
The issue with Lafreniere is he needs to either become a top forward or actually learn to develop a middle-six game, or else he's just a Max Domi type that can either be a bad team scorer or a rather uninspiring offense-only depth guy. I suppose Domi is an adequate enough mid-1st rounder but in reality, he doesn't do much for any team that wants to win. 3rd liners with over 60 % offensive zone start time and no penalty killing time are kind of icky.

Yup this is why I think as things currently stand I imagine Slaf ends up better than Laf. I don’t think either is all that good but Slaf will have a good defensive game to fall back on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad