Is Slafkovsky the worst #1 pick ever ?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NOTENOUGHRYJOTHINGS

Oct 23, 2022
Seems to have no particular talent, no skill, no speed, big with no big man qualities, doesn’t produce points, his shot is bad, his passing is average… Is he the worst first pick ever ?
I think picking him was not only the worst draft pick in the history of sports but one of the worst decisions mankind ever made.

War
Pollution
Slafkovsky

DamonDRW

Dec 23, 2007
Tampere, Finland
He's not a defenseman though. Why can't he do power forward things? He plays like he's an old man.
It is not a D thing only. The best power forward of 2000s - Todd Bertuzzi had a long learning curve. Then he realized how to efficiently use his body.

In our system we have Elmer Soderblom that also looks goofy on the ice. But I prefer to keep him as long as possible instead of trading and then watching Seider trying to move him out of the slot.

PS these guys may never develop as intended but if they do, a respective team gets a very unique dimension.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
No. But he’s a bad pick for sure. If he can get it into his mindset that to be an NHLer he needs to play a heavy game as a banger then he will have a career. If not then he’s back to Europe. He should have been picked 5-9. He still is young and can learn. But he’s got to accept the role he needs to play to be in the National League.

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
If Slafkovsky is getting all these premature threads after a rookie season of 10 points 39 games, I can only imagine if HFBoards was active when 1st overall pick Joe Thornton had 7 points in 55 games in his first season.. We all know how his career played out.

Way too early to tell with Slaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad