Is MacKinnon now the best player in the NHL?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
He’s not the best but he’s up there for sure. But he’s one of the most ideal playoff players in the league right now. His speed and strength are unmatched by anyone currently. Plus he’s just the ultimate big game player.

Reactions: MacBradley

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Everyone is free to have their own opinion. Some will say McDavid, some Mackinnon, Crosby, Kucherov, Ovechkin etc and no one can prove they are without a doubt right.

This assumes that multiple people, even credible sources, would argue MacKinnon is the best player in the NHL. I've never heard this argument until this thread.

Avelanche

#freeRedmond
Jun 11, 2011
Boston
He's the best player in the league when the officiating gives him a 5 on 3 PP in a tie playoff game for this:

PowerlessSeriousAsianconstablebutterfly-size_restricted.gif

2 minutes for a stick lift!!
post the full play along with 60 minutes of him being hooked without it called

Reactions: MacBradley

lawrence

May 19, 2012
it's mcdavid but as a fan that is watching as many playoff games as possible, he is one in my opinion right now, the best player in int his playoff. Beast mode! really the way he is playing in inspirational. second goes to Seth Jones.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Between 16 total playoff game appearances even
Matthews 9pts
Mackinnon 20pts

Last 2 reg seasons
Matthews 136
Mackinnon 196

When Matthews is in his prime it might be a different story

But currently it’s not even a discussion

While Matthews isn’t generational and neither is Mackinnon but both are amongst the best centres in the game, that’s not looking at the whole story. Your including total points and not linemates or games played which are two of the absolute most important things that determine total point total.

He’s not wrong. You can lol all you want but Mackinnon wasn’t putting up the numbers he was projected to early on.

Mackinnon put up fifty Pts for a few years and even 30 pts one year, until Rantanen joined his line (his point production doubled) while Rantanens never had less then 80 pts, but both guys do help each other obviously.

I think almost everyone will agree he’s a top five center with top two potential, I don’t see why people need it to be more then that. I haven’t brought him up once but Jack Eichel is blowing away Mackinnon at similar year comparisons but no one even recognized him universally as a top ten center and that’s an absolute joke. I can see who watches who based on people’s posts.

Reactions: shinchanuuhh

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
He plays 33 percent of the game.

Hockey is a team sport.

How is a guy who’s not even in 2/3rds of a game supposed to get a team into the playoffs.

Let’s be honest at this point: Those kind of statements aren’t worth responding to. If you’re criticizing a player who finished with 100+ points, and puts up a Hart-caliber season, because his team fails to make the playoffs, you’re just looking for any excuse to tear the player down.

Those are ignorant statements. You know it. I know it. We all know it. Even the person saying that garbage probably knows it, and they only say it because they are the only straws to grasp at. It’s admitting defeat. That’s all it is.

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
In a world where we have 5-10 generational players per a generation....and every week someone is the new best player......sure.

Reactions: Tage2Tuch

Mez

Nov 16, 2017
True, but Mack will be hoisting the cup before Mcdavid dou

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
As an Oilers fan I agree....with Makar and another top draft pick the Avs are sitting mighty comfy. I could see them top 3 in the league in the next 2 years.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
True, but Mack will be hoisting the cup before Mcdavid dou

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

He could make the playoffs for the next ten years, and still not win the Cup. He has a better chance to win the Cup first, given their respective teams. That’s about it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad