Is Kirill Kaprizov the best player/sniper in the NHL?

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Do people watch how much Kap and Zooks pass to each other? Some are really sleeping on how often Zooks looks for him.

Of course he looks for him. He'd be silly not to.

But before Kaprizov he wad a good player, but topped out at 62 points in 82 games.

Now at 35 he's suddenly turned into a PPG player. Not hard to see why.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011

But before Kaprizov he wad a good player, but topped out at 62 points in 82 games.

I think Kap is great but when Zooks was capping out at 62 points he was usually leading his team in points. Zooks and Kap have great chemistry. They pass back and forth so much that they have a team commercial making fun of it.

cool beans

I didn't know
Jul 8, 2022
He’s insanely good and if he was on a different team he would have better numbers. He doesn’t have a draisatl or a marner or nylander, or a backstrom or a kuneztsov etc etc. he plays w plugs this year lol. Love watching him tho even if I really hate the wild.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I think Kap is great but when Zooks was capping out at 62 points he was usually leading his team in points. Zooks and Kap have great chemistry. They pass back and forth so much that they have a team commercial making fun of it.

Zucerello led his team by 3 points that season...

Kaprizov beat Zucerello by almost 30 last year... prorated Zucerello upto 82 games and it's still 20 points.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN

Kaprizov beat Zucerello by almost 30 last year... prorated Zucerello upto 82 games and it's still 20 points.
I think his argument is that they have a great on ice chemistry, which is pretty obvious, and with all of the work they put in before and after practice specifically passing to each other, its clear they are using their cohesion for a mutual advantage in the games. Zucc is a smart player, and Kaprizov plays well with smart players, its not a slight on either to say that.

Kaprizov is a monster of a player though, at the top echelon of the league right now, those top few guys are all unique, comparing and ranking is truly difficult. I will just say that I am extremely glad he is in the league and on my favorite team. He plays with an effort level beyond even Parise, and has the creativity, skill and skating to completely take over the ice, even against the leagues best defenders. He is extremely entertaining to watch for die hard fans too, nearly every game he does something that makes you audibly say "Wow."

Reactions: NickyFotiu

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011

You are missing the points.
1. Nobody is saying Zooks is as good as Kap.
2. Zook led his team in points for many seasons because he did not have much help. Usually played with Brassard.
3. The point is just to say that Kap has a very good passer and great chemistry with Zooks so that should not be underrated by people acting like he has no linemates.

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
He isn‘t a sniper, but he should‘ve won the Hart last season…if we go by the definition of the Hart trophy.
So, if you are a fan of any team he plays for, I guess you wouldn‘t mind if he is called the worst tiny Russian on ice since Alexei Yagudin.

Garl

Oct 7, 2006

Not hard, he finally got a good linemate

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
It seems to me that many underestimate the Whims. See how he single-handedly drags a mediocre team to the playoffs. One can only fantasize what his stats would have been on a Stanley Cup-finalist-level team.
"Single-handedly"? Wild probably are a playoff team without Kaprizov

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
TOP 5 NHL snipers for the last 3 seasons

At the moment , the top five looks like this:

1. Auston Matthews (Toronto) - 127 goals in 174 games (0.72 average per game)
2. Connor McDavid (Edmonton) - 119 goals in 192 games (0.61 average per game)
3. Leon Dreisaitl (Edmonton) - 119 goals in 191 games (0.62 average per game)
4. Kirill Kaprizov (Minnesota) - 107 goals in 192 matches (0.55 average per game)
5. Alexander Ovechkin (Washington) - 106 goals in 176 matches (0.60 average per game)

Is Kirill Kaprizov the best player or sniper in the NHL, given the level of his Minnesota teammates and teammates of the same McDavid or Matthews?

Is Kirll Kaprizov the best player in the NHL?

Is this a joke?

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I consider "snipers" to be pretty one dimensional. Kaprizov is not a one-dimensional player.

I think he's a top 5 winger for sure.

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
TOP 5 NHL snipers for the last 3 seasons

At the moment , the top five looks like this:

1. Auston Matthews (Toronto) - 127 goals in 174 games (0.72 average per game)
2. Connor McDavid (Edmonton) - 119 goals in 192 games (0.61 average per game)
3. Leon Dreisaitl (Edmonton) - 119 goals in 191 games (0.62 average per game)
4. Kirill Kaprizov (Minnesota) - 107 goals in 192 matches (0.55 average per game)
5. Alexander Ovechkin (Washington) - 106 goals in 176 matches (0.60 average per game)

Is Kirill Kaprizov the best player or sniper in the NHL, given the level of his Minnesota teammates and teammates of the same McDavid or Matthews?
Player? No. I'm not even sure he's the 2nd best player in the NHL and the gap between McDavid and #2 is large.
Sniper? Maybe, but rather than gpg maybe we need to look at S%? Ovechkin is a great goal scorer but he's a volume shooter and while he can certainly snipe his fair share of goals. He shoots more than basically anyone in league history.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad