Is Kirill Kaprizov the best player/sniper in the NHL?

SoulDale

Jan 4, 2021
TOP 5 NHL snipers for the last 3 seasons

At the moment , the top five looks like this:

1. Auston Matthews (Toronto) - 127 goals in 174 games (0.72 average per game)
2. Connor McDavid (Edmonton) - 119 goals in 192 games (0.61 average per game)
3. Leon Dreisaitl (Edmonton) - 119 goals in 191 games (0.62 average per game)
4. Kirill Kaprizov (Minnesota) - 107 goals in 192 matches (0.55 average per game)
5. Alexander Ovechkin (Washington) - 106 goals in 176 matches (0.60 average per game)

Is Kirill Kaprizov the best player or sniper in the NHL, given the level of his Minnesota teammates and teammates of the same McDavid or Matthews?

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
He might have the potential (sniper) though I’d assume Matthews healthy could still most years.

It is super impressive to see what Kaprizov has managed to do with very limited offensive support at center and bleh powerplay edit their powerplay is better than I thought. Maybe I’m thinking of last year

• Haha
Reactions: Haatley

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
There's a pretty great list of forwards behind McDavid, and he's in it. He's absolutely one of the best snipers.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
TOP 5 NHL snipers for the last 3 seasons

At the moment , the top five looks like this:

1. Auston Matthews (Toronto) - 127 goals in 174 games (0.72 average per game)
2. Connor McDavid (Edmonton) - 119 goals in 192 games (0.61 average per game)
3. Leon Dreisaitl (Edmonton) - 119 goals in 191 games (0.62 average per game)
4. Kirill Kaprizov (Minnesota) - 107 goals in 192 matches (0.55 average per game)
5. Alexander Ovechkin (Washington) - 106 goals in 176 matches (0.60 average per game)

Is Kirill Kaprizov the best player or sniper in the NHL, given the level of his Minnesota teammates and teammates of the same McDavid or Matthews?

Rantanen 102g in 182gp, I dont know how your math is, but both Rantanen and Ovqchkin have better g/gp than Kaprizov?

You also convienantly forgot Pasta - 101g in 176gp

SoulDale

Jan 4, 2021
Rantanen 102g in 182gp, I dont know how your math is, but both Rantanen and Ovqchkin have better g/gp than Kaprizov?

What about Rantanen? he has fewer goals than these five, and here is the rating by goals, not by average. This data is for comparison purposes only.

SoulDale

Jan 4, 2021

Rantanen is 4 goals behind Ovechkin, who is in 5th place, how are your maths?

ESH

Jun 19, 2011

I think he just ranked them by total goals

Reactions: SoulDale

SoulDale

Jan 4, 2021
If the "Wild" sign a top central striker in the link to Kaprizov, then Kirill will really claim the title of the best sniper, scorer or assistant of the league.

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I would say he’s better than McDavid, there’s a definite gap. However when I watched the Oilers at the Wild last season I was excited to see McDavid and Drai in the flesh but was left really disappointed. Granted it was one game but there was a definite lack of intensity 5/5 and in all honesty Drai was poor, only waking up for the pp and basically stopped playing once he got his goal. It was such and anti climax.

Krill though was outstanding and was the one playing winning hockey, willing his team forward. I’d take him over Draisaitl and it personally isn’t a difficult choice for me. McDavid was clearly the most talented player by some distance but there was a definite reluctance to go to the hard areas. I do think he’s moved his game forward though.

Considering his line mates I think Kaprisov is definitely one of the better players in the league. Give him a top 10 C to player with and he’d immediately be a top 5 player IMO.

Reactions: HorvatDream

HorvatDream

Jan 7, 2023
It seems to me that many underestimate the Whims. See how he single-handedly drags a mediocre team to the playoffs. One can only fantasize what his stats would have been on a Stanley Cup-finalist-level team.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
There's a pretty great list of forwards behind McDavid, and he's in it. He's absolutely one of the best snipers.

Yeah he is one of the best snipers in the league. But one of the top ~10 to 15 best or so.

He’s got a good case. He’s the best winger in the NHL.
He's the best winger on the Wild maybe. Around the NHL, he's probably close to top 5

ref19

Oct 3, 2017
He is next to #97 and you and I both know tha

It’s still Kucherov or Kane when he’s hot
Yeah he is one of the best snipers in the league. But one of the top ~10 to 15 best or so.

He's the best winger on the Wild maybe. Around the NHL, he's probably close to top 5
No idea what you are talking about. Have another.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Rantanen is 4 goals behind Ovechkin, who is in 5th place, how are your maths?
Re-check the post please! I said both Rantanen and Ovechkin have better g/gp than Kaprizov. So does Pasta. Go try calculate once again.

I think he just ranked them by total goals
He does have g/gp averages mentioned also. That is actually the best way to go if you compare many seasons, not just The Rocket.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
First of all, no, it he’s really good.

Secondly, I wouldn’t call him a sniper in the traditional sense, like Mike Bossy, Ovi, or Brett Hull. His passing and vision is excellent, as is his skating and puck possession. He has a lot of interplay with his most talented linemate, Zuccarello, and would have even more assists if he wasn’t playing with guys like Sam Steel.
Hartman, a career bottom sixer with modest offensive talent, actually had 34 goals playing with him last year, just because he figured out that all he had to do was get open and wait for a pass from KK.

Reactions: Just Linda

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->