Is Kirill Kaprizov the best player/sniper in the NHL?

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
His centers have been Victor Rask, Ryan Hartman and Sam Steele for most of his career in Minnesota. Behind them are Freddie Gaudreau, Joel Eriksson-Ek and uhh Dewar? I have no idea. Minnesota has only one top 6 center and he doesn't play with Kaprizov. He also got Zuccarello, a good player, to become an almost elite player.

With that said he isn't the top sniper or even goal scorer in the NHL. But to say he isn't top 5 is asinine given his supporting cast.

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
As a Wild fan, I am thrilled he is in the discussion. 5th round pick, took years to come over from Russia and somehow has managed to out perform the hype despite the roster that the Wild have put around him. Many posters will take the time to stop by and drop their "obviously not" comments in here but the fact he is in the conversation is a minor miracle. For every Kaprizov there are a couple dozen Russian players who are barely ever heard from again.

LemonSauceD

The Negotiator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
As a Wild fan, I am thrilled he is in the discussion. 5th round pick, took years to come over from Russia and somehow has managed to out perform the hype despite the roster that the Wild have put around him. Many posters will take the time to stop by and drop their "obviously not" comments in here but the fact he is in the conversation is a minor miracle. For every Kaprizov there are a couple dozen Russian players who are barely ever heard from again.
Kaprizov is one of the best in the game for sure. Watching him in Canucks games, he’s an unreal talent. Doesn’t get enough flowers around the league like he should.

He’s easily a top 15, top 10 player IMO

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
This thread seems like "goal scorer" rather than sniper, especially when tossing out stats for goals / game. A player like Brock Nelson has shot near 18% on wrist shots over the last 3 seasons but won't be viewed in the same category because he doesn't score as many goals.

Reactions: Just Linda

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Says who? You? He is NOT the best winger in the NHL.

He's certainly in the conversation. ESPN surveyed 10 players, and 10 front office types just this week. Kaprizov finished 3rd behind Pasta and Kucherov.

He certainly doesn't have the offensive support those two have, especially down the middle.

He’s not a sniper, he’s an all around offensive beast

Ya, i've never considered him a Sniper. He's got a good shot. He's just ridiculously creative and just knows how to get the puck in the net from almost literally any place on the ice.

westc2

Nov 2, 2015
St. Louis, MO
Not sure about the "sniper" aspect, but I'd probably put Kaprizov as a top 5 forward in the NHL right now. Ever since I saw highlights from him before he came to the NHL I knew he was going to be one of the best players in the league.

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
He's certainly in the conversation. ESPN surveyed 10 players, and 10 front office types just this week. Kaprizov finished 3rd behind Pasta and Kucherov.

He certainly doesn't have the offensive support those two have, especially down the middle.

Ya, i've never considered him a Sniper. He's got a good shot. He's just ridiculously creative and just knows how to get the puck in the net from almost literally any place on the ice.
Ya he scored a beautiful backend against the Avs just recently. Exemplify his abilities.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
He is next to #97 and you and I both know that.

It’s still Kucherov or Kane when he’s hot

Does Kane still takes over games? I think Kap is better today, but Kane is also like 10 years older and Kap in his prime lol

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015

You stated he was the best winger in the NHL and he is clearly not. So they surveyed 10 players? A whole 10 players?

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
I've personally got Matthews, Ovechkin, Pastrnak, since they've got the Rockets

A real contender is Tage Thompson. His 3rd year out was bad but he had 38 last season and he will have 40-50 this season

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
You stated he was the best winger in the NHL and he is clearly not. So they surveyed 10 players? A whole 10 players?
In a new survey of 10 Minnesota wild players, it’s concluded that KK97 is the best player in the NHL.

Reactions: Dust

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I didn't say that. Another poster did. I said he was in the conversation, and he is.

He's probably closer to 1 than 10.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Do people watch how much Kap and Zooks pass to each other? Some are really sleeping on how often Zooks looks for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad