Is Jeremy Swayman an elite goalie or is he a flash in the pan?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Strangle

May 4, 2009
Why is 60+20 some kind of standard in today’s NHL? Again, only two goalies played more than 60 regular season games last year, neither played anything close to 20 playoff games and the performance of both suffered greatly.

80 games starting is an outrageous ask and almost certainly a very poor way to handle a goalie’s workload in 2024.

The bruins don’t have a backup that can win 25 out of 35 games, so I assume they’ll choose to play swayman more

Starting 60 regular season games is 2/3 starts, doesn’t sound at all unreasonable to me

And 2x 7 game series puts the games played close enough to 80 to not really matter

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
The bruins don’t have a backup that can win 25 out of 35 games, so I assume they’ll choose to play swayman more

Starting 60 regular season games is 2/3 starts, doesn’t sound at all unreasonable to me

And 2x 7 game series puts the games played close enough to 80 to not really matter
54 starts us 2/3 starts.

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
Won’t matter if he is. Everyone will label him a product of the defensive system in Boston regardless of the fact they got severely out chances this year and without acknowledging Bob Essensa is a goalie coach god amongst men.

Reactions: Kegs

HockeyWooot

Jan 28, 2020
Having a season or two as the undisputed starter should give us a more solidified idea of his calibre.

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Good goalie who was very fortunate to put on a JS Gigeure performance this playoffs. I highly doubt he does it again.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Flash in the pan as in you don't think he can live up to last season, or you don't think he can repeat the numbers from 2 seasons ago?

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
He is a really good goalie. Let’s not get crazy with tossing around the “elite” word. That takes a decades work at least. He is still a baby.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
In the few seasons I've watched him as a Bruins fan, one thing I've noticed is that he's always relaxed. He's laughing, he's having a ton of fun. Very rarely is does he not have a smile on his face even in the big games. He gave me Carey Price vibes this past post season.

He's also physically involved and isn't afraid to mix it up when dudes are crashing his crease. He's wanted a few fights so far in his career, and I love that too.

This will be his first season as "The Guy" - I think a lot of questions will truly be answered this year.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Won’t matter if he is. Everyone will label him a product of the defensive system in Boston regardless of the fact they got severely out chances this year and without acknowledging Bob Essensa is a goalie coach god amongst men.
might be the greatest goalie coach ever.

Rcknrollkillnmachine

Sep 22, 2017
Finland
I was very skeptical early on since I'm a Rask fan and was rooting for him to return when he, Swayman and Ullmark were fighting for playing time. Also the way Tuukka was at times treated by the Boston media and then the fawning over a young American goalie was off putting as I was living there at the time.

Now I'm more impressed with him this past season since I took the Rask shades off but he still needs to bring it now that he will be the number one goalie.

For the Bruins I want him to succeed so let's see but the evidence is promising.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Shesterkin
Bobrovsky

Currently the only goalies I would take ahead of him for my team

Vassy hasnt played great since play offs of 2022

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Good goalie who was very fortunate to put on a JS Gigeure performance this playoffs. I highly doubt he does it again.
Like what I have seen from him since he came into the league. Groomed well for a goalie that likely could have been a starter two years ago. I think he will only get better. Vezina candidate. Be a top to 5 for years to come.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad