Speculation: Is Jack Edwards ok?!

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Seravilli comes across like a clown, if Jack has had something going on he looks like a way bigger asshole than Jack did by saying a big guy eats food

Jacks clearly having issues getting words out. As far as I’m concerned he can be broadcaster for as long as he wants as he’s as passionate as ever, but I do hope he’s ok

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
At some point during the game last night he started slurring badly in the middle of a sentence and sounded like he forgot the word he was trying to say while saying it and I asked if he was having a ministroke - and that wasn't being a smartass or insulting him, that was a legitimate question.

I love Jack, hope he's okay and not having any motor neuron issues or anything. He doesn't strike me as a guy who would drink on air so we can rule that out. Could be normal aging but this has been a pretty rapid onset of symptoms.

Reactions: Gordoff

SpeedyLazaro

Sponsor
Sep 30, 2008
Boston
So he's been known as Fat Pat since he was 7 and they call him big rig, but don't dare says he's big on the air because that's fat shaming LMAO.

They used to talk about how Chara drank coke on the bench IIRC...was that health shaming and if some why didn't anyone say anything?

^that questions isn't directed at you BTW
Chara drank coke for a hot minute during round 1 of the 2011 playoffs because he had a raging flu and the coke was to get sugar and energy into his system as fast as possible. He dinking regularly drink it during games.

also, is ok to say put some "Chinese Mustard" on it in 2023. One of my favorite sayings back in youth hockey and to this day is "PUT SOME MUSTARD ON IT NEXT TIME" .... Not sure if the "chinese" part is needed.

Reactions: BruinDust

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
On one of the saves, he said "great leg left save!"

moving out of market and not having to listen to jack is a nice perk
I listen to the other team always, unless it's the Penguins, Philly or Buffalo.

At some point during the game last night he started slurring badly in the middle of a sentence and sounded like he forgot the word he was trying to say while saying it and I asked if he was having a ministroke - and that wasn't being a smartass or insulting him, that was a legitimate question.

I love Jack, hope he's okay and not having any motor neuron issues or anything. He doesn't strike me as a guy who would drink on air so we can rule that out. Could be normal aging but this has been a pretty rapid onset of symptoms.
I think that is when he said "great leg left save!" Or pad left. Something bizarre.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Seravilli comes across like a clown, if Jack has had something going on he looks like a way bigger asshole than Jack did by saying a big guy eats food

Jacks clearly having issues getting words out. As far as I’m concerned he can be broadcaster for as long as he wants as he’s as passionate as ever, but I do hope he’s ok
yeah if that was fat shaming, well this world is more sensitive than I thought, which seems near impossible.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Chara drank coke for a hot minute during round 1 of the 2011 playoffs because he had a raging flu and the coke was to get sugar and energy into his system as fast as possible. He dinking regularly drink it during games.

also, is ok to say put some "Chinese Mustard" on it in 2023. One of my favorite sayings back in youth hockey and to this day is "PUT SOME MUSTARD ON IT NEXT TIME" .... Not sure if the "chinese" part is needed.
Have you had the mustard from a Chinese restaurant? It's way more potent than commercial yellow mustard, which makes the reference make sense. It's not some kind of cultural insult, Chinese mustard is a legitimate thing.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
On one of the saves, he said "great leg left save!"

I listen to the other team always, unless it's the Penguins, Philly or Buffalo.

I think that is when he said "great leg left save!" Or pad left. Something bizarre.

He's always called it a "leg save" instead of the standard "pad save". Like "penalty bench" it's just another in a long line of stupid sayings that nobody else in hockey ever uses.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Has anyone ever found out if Jack reads this board, because I'm about 80% sure that he must at least lurk from time to time with his love for all things Bruins and twitter activity and such (which is why I'm trying to be careful with words and not over-speculate). I know Dale used to post here way back in the day.

Reactions: Gordoff

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs

Chinese mustard is hotter. It just is! :dunno:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

This x1000. The guy's name is Big Rig and he's listed as 238 lbs on the roster so imo, it is fair game to comment on. We also have no idea what the relationship between the two is like so perhaps Jack was just doing a poor time conveying something Maroon has joked about in the past.

If you think that is fat shaming then you need to get out more.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
They should of aired the entire clip because Jack then praises Maroon for winning 3 cups. People are overly sensitive. And I'm sure Patrick Maroon isn't crying over what Jack said. Fake outrage. What a joke.

As for Jack. Since last year, listening to him speak has worried me. He struggles to get words out more and more. Aphasia? Stroke? Idk. But its not his usual word scrambling. I hope he's okay and that people close to him are paying attention. It's scary.

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
When Jack first started doing Bruins games I was glad for the guy and thought he was refreshing in that he was solid listening and loved the game , but I feel he has slipped badly, I am tired of rants that and stories half of them I do not understand , and after he tells a story his giggling that seems to go on forever ,have taken his broadcasting to a new level a lower level. I don't know the man and he is probably a very nice guy ,but he has run the course..........Many of you seem concerned about his health , I like many of you hope that is not the case. Oh how I miss the days of Cusick, Wilson , and Don Earl even Dave Shea . So ask NESN please find a play by play man that calls the game, I do not need to be entertained by the broadcaster the game entertains me............Sorry Jack you have had nice run ,but it is over.......

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

I literally though the outrage at Jack was about the Chinese Mustard comment. Lo and behold it was some other dumb comment altogether.

• Haha
Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
fwiw I thought Jack's comments about Maroon were clearly lighthearted in nature and he ended them by acknowledging that he has been extremely successful so the "fat" stuff isn't real criticism. He wasn't making any jokes that thousands of fans (and players) haven't already made, but he made sure to indicate he wasn't actually putting the guy down.

The problem is that these rants he goes on are extremely easy to take out of context and used to make him, NESN and the Bruins look bad.
The best solution would have been for him not to say anything like that at all. I think he might be the only broadcaster in the league who would go off on this tangent. If Jack is indeed winding down, please call Dave Goucher immediately.

Reactions: chizzler

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad