Speculation: Is Jack Edwards ok?!

quietbruinfan

Salt and light
Feb 2, 2022
Land of Nod in the East of Eden
Fred was 69 when he called this game in 1988. Outside of the Cup win in 1970, this is the game he cherished the most.

He did not get to call the 1972 Cup winner as it was on CBS.

Thanks. I have watched the nine minute version of this this on YouTube many times. (Thanks Dafoomie.) It is Fred close to his energetic, direct, distinctive best too.

Reactions: Fenway

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Jack Edwards Bingo 2022-23 edition:

Slurring player namesDown to Sophia Yyyyyurkstovich45 second rants about opposing players' weight
Forgets what he's saying halfway through saying itView attachment 621534MAHTHA THE BAHN'S ON FIAH
The coin that won't be tossedChinese MustardMisses a goal because he's still in the middle of a sentence

I had a physical reaction to not seeing "Tumbling Muffin" here.

Reactions: AnchoRager

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Thanks. I have watched the nine minute version of this this on YouTube many times. (Thanks Dafoomie.) It is Fred close to his energetic, direct, distinctive best too.
Fred wanted to get the Bruins on local TV which was a tough sell in the 60s.

In early 1964 the Bruins bought a 60-minute slot on WMUR-TV in Manchester to show coverage of a game in Toronto the previous night. Fred called the game and CBC technicians edited the game and gave Fred the tape. Fred then drove from Toronto to Manchester overnight and hosted the highlight show.

The risk was it could be a blowout game as the 64 Leafs were a powerhouse and the Bruins were a terrible team and the game was a blowout but :D

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Seeing my father struggle with aphasia and my MIL struggle with speech after a stroke, I wish people would have more compassion. We don't know what Jack is dealing with but since we all notice it, NESN would also be aware of the situation. I highly doubt he is drunk, that wouldn't be allowed or tolerated.

Since when is being ill or afflicted with a speech issue, seemingly neurological in nature, something that people have to joke about and speculate on. NESN should be commended for helping Jack keep his job, maybe working on speech with a therapist, no one knows. The Bruins are Jack's life, it would be crushing for him to be let go. While it is noticeable, I don't want him gone. Give the guy a break, if it was cancer or something else, people would be all over him with sympathy. Please be kind, I hope you all get treated well during your lifetime by your employers, wherever you happen to work.

Just my two cents worth, but keep the tumbling muffins coming. I want Jack to be here.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Seeing my father struggle with aphasia and my MIL struggle with speech after a stroke, I wish people would have more compassion. We don't know what Jack is dealing with but since we all notice it, NESN would also be aware of the situation. I highly doubt he is drunk, that wouldn't be allowed or tolerated.

Since when is being ill or afflicted with a speech issue, seemingly neurological in nature, something that people have to joke about and speculate on. NESN should be commended for helping Jack keep his job, maybe working on speech with a therapist, no one knows. The Bruins are Jack's life, it would be crushing for him to be let go. While it is noticeable, I don't want him gone. Give the guy a break, if it was cancer or something else, people would be all over him with sympathy. Please be kind, I hope you all get treated well during your lifetime by your employers, wherever you happen to work.

Just my two cents worth, but keep the tumbling muffins coming. I want Jack to be here.
100%. Obviously something is off and not something to take lightly. Good for he and NESN working through it.

Reactions: caz16

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs

Thank you.

Reactions: caz16

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Watching Bruins vs Panthers December 23, 2011 (eleven years ago and Bruins win 8-0) on NESN right now

Jack is bringing it - now nowhere near what he was but was pretty good last night and seems to be better

He’s actually outstanding. I kinda crapped on him a bit back then gor his rants etc but this broadcast he’s top notch

Last edited:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
while I find Jack annoying, anytime I`m subjected to a Bruins game where NESN isn`t the carrier, I dearly miss the boys

Reactions: duffy

FRyan4426

Feb 15, 2023
Kingston, MA
I’m gonna guess he isn’t back next year. Just by the way he sounded and a lot of people want him gone. He had a great run. Who takes over if he’s gone?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad