Is it time for Lou to get his walking papers

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HolikHoliday16

May 3, 2010
New Jersey
So in other words we need to fire Pete. Because that's actually what happened in LA...they fired their coach about thirty games in. They also had Quick playing at a Vezina level. Our goalies have been FAR off that so far.

It doesnt mean our situation will be exactly the same, rather I am saying the same exact team can play poor at one point in the season and pick up their play when it counts. I think this team has the potential and is on track to be a competitive team this season.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Kind of like what everyone does with Marty? And then Marty fans felt the need to return the favor.

I think it's really childish to say "Cory would have gotten that!" when Marty gives up a softy. Like if Cory is immune to softies. This game showed that it's silly to say things like that. And vice versa for Marty/Cory.

If everyone just supported the guys on the ice and stopped worrying about the guys on the bench DURING THE GAME we wouldn't embarrass ourselves like a lot of Canucks fans did last year.

I don't call out Marty for every goal he gives up. I'll tell you when he gives up a softy and I'll tell you when Cory does. Goal 2 tonight was a save you have to make. Goal 1 was a gaffe partly Cory's fault, but I have to see it again.

He also needs to make one of those saves on goals 2 or 3 against the CBJ. I'd excuse one of them on a screen, but goal 3 needs to be stopped.

We just might need Jennings Trophy goaltending from here on out to go anywhere. We're not gonna average more than 2.25 goals per game with this system that lacks finish BIG TIME.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
Lou really gave Pete **** on a platter this season. He was handcuffed, but the lack of skill on this team is just sad.

Please draft some highly skilled forwards in the 2nd round this season.

Last edited:

Wingman77

Mar 16, 2010
Lou really gave Pete **** on a platter this season. He was handcuffed, but the lack of skill on this team is just sad.

Please draft some highly skilled forwards in the 2nd round this season.

Pete has had 2 relatively different teams from last season to this and we've had pretty much the same results

We'll see what happens with this team with more games since it is still clear on ice chemistry isn't there

NC107*

Forget it, it is time for Lou to retire and to take DeBoer/Stevens with him.

NC107*

Saturday night in Newark the fans didn't show up nor did
the Devils players and coaches.

It is time to remove Lou and fire DeBoer.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
How is he going to handle this mess?

He's sort of risking his legacy with how crappy his gming has been in the last 10 years.

outside of 2012...it's been a disaster.

Last edited:

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Do you realize how much it took to get fans to consider this option, getting rid of Lou?

3 of 4 years where the team folded for months at a time and cost themselves the playoffs.

A long fall I think. It's been so gradual that it's painful to think about.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
No Lou should stay with the team. He did all he could after losing 3 very important players in a 2 year span. And finding a coach is not easy.

How much longer can he really stay anyway? He's 71 years old.

He also did something ridiculously STUPID- not giving up the 29th overall pick.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Losing Schneider will be the last straw for me. I really wouldn't object to Lou retiring after this year.

It happens with legends like Lou. They kinda lose their luster.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It doesn't help that Matteau looks like he's gonna suck. And we burned off a year of his contract for no reason at all. That's on Lou too. That's a complete joke that we even burned a year off his contract so he could play 8 or 9 minutes a game for 17 games.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
What GM hasn't had his bad years? Bad moves?

2 1/2 bad seasons and fans are calling for the head of a 3 time Stanley Cup winning GM.

The last cup was 10 years ago.

It's not just 2 1/2 bad years. It's a combination of things. His age (how much longer is he going to do this job?). His stubbornness with free agents. Some of the contracts he's given out. The pick. I'm not going to **** on him completely, I do think he was handcuffed, but maybe it's time for a change. Another Gm might have decided it wasn't worth it to trade for Schneider and just go for the rebuild.

Jun 18, 2011
New Jersey
The last cup was 10 years ago.

It's not just 2 1/2 bad years. It's a combination of things. His age (how much longer is he going to do this job?). His stubbornness with free agents. Some of the contracts he's given out. The pick. I'm not going to **** on him completely, I do think he was handcuffed, but maybe it's time for a change. Another Gm might have decided it wasn't worth it to trade for Schneider and just go for the rebuild.

He can't do this for much longer but firing him would be insane. Ownership needs to bring in someone who has some new game influence. Someone who is well connected and aware of the current state of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad