Is Bergevin a Generational GM?

bergevin gen gm

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Bergevin obviously isn’t a generational GM.but he’s easily the most exciting gm in the league! No shortage of drama and excitement with MB at the helm.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
This team he built wouldn’t have made playoffs with the regular format. You’re letting their hot streak cloud your judgement.

2 goalies
4 scoring lines
Great top 4

Would have made it with these guys
Tbl
Nyi
Bos
Fla
Pit
Car

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
alzner
semin

letting markov and radulov walk

not firing therrien forever
not firing lefebvre when he ruined our farm system

he's not generational, he gambled hard this year and it payed off
Don't forget giving up the left D they need so bad in Sergachev for Drouin

shelf

Nov 4, 2006
London ONtario
2 goalies
4 scoring lines
Great top 4

Tbl
Nyi
Bos
Fla
Pit
Car

Toronto obviously is the better regular season team so they would have been ahead. Then you still have Washington too who would make it over Montreal. The Habs would have missed the playoffs. They are a damn good playoff team though.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Interesting sidebar from the Max Pac trade. The additional 2nd round pick that Vegas gave to the Habs was parlayed into a 3rd round pick and a 4th round pick. Those picks became Mattias Norlinder and Sean Farrell! Both highly touted prospects.

Last edited:

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Toronto obviously is the better regular season team so they would have been ahead. Then you still have Washington too who would make it over Montreal. The Habs would have missed the playoffs. They are a damn good playoff team though.

Forgot toronto.

Mtl would still make it

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
2 goalies
4 scoring lines
Great top 4

Tbl
Nyi
Bos
Fla
Pit
Car
They lost more games than they won in a supposedly weak North division. I can put together a team that loses more games than they win. It’s not hard.

Also, why’d you make a poll to gauge people’s opinions just to say that any other opinion that doesn’t align with yours is wrong.

We wouldn’t be having this conversation if they weren’t on a hot streak. And I’d bet you were ready to call it quits when they went on that long slump during the regular season. Generational GMs don’t put together teams like that.

shelf

Nov 4, 2006
London ONtario
Forgot toronto.

Mtl would still make it

I know you can't really compare divisions that didn't play each other but

1.Carolina-80
2.Florida-79
3.Pittsburgh-77
4.Washington-77
5.Toronto-77
6.Tampa Bay-75
7.Boston-73
8.Islanders-71
9.Rangers-60
10.Montreal-59

If you had to pick a team to miss the playoffs it's clearly Montreal they are significantly behind the 8th place Islanders

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
I know you can't really compare divisions that didn't play each other but

1.Carolina-80
2.Florida-79
3.Pittsburgh-77
4.Washington-77
5.Toronto-77
6.Tampa Bay-75
7.Boston-73
8.Islanders-71
9.Rangers-60
10.Montreal-59

If you had to pick a team to miss the playoffs it's clearly Montreal they are significantly behind the 8th place Islanders

They played 20 games in like 30 days

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
They lost more games than they won in a supposedly weak North division. I can put together a team that loses more games than they win. It’s not hard.

Also, why’d you make a poll to gauge people’s opinions just to say that any other opinion that doesn’t align with yours is wrong.

We wouldn’t be having this conversation if they weren’t on a hot streak. And I’d bet you were ready to call it quits when they went on that long slump during the regular season. Generational GMs don’t put together teams like that.

20 nhl games in 30 days

I bet that they were going to contend with toronto for the division before the year. Bad bet but I always believed

nilan30

Jan 14, 2004
He's a guy who's probably been as active as anyone trade wise and not afraid to make the tinkering trade or the blockbuster. And for the most part his big trades have worked out pretty well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad