Is Artemi Panarin overrated?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Not sure if I’ve seen a big time player so clearly afraid of contact as him. Definitely not willing to take a hit to make a play. He’s been so soft its kind of hard to watch.

Reactions: bambamcam4ever

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
We're always the conversation. We're why this site exits.

Yeah, when the Leafs are rebuilding the perceived value of draft picks is through the roof, when we're looking for a blueliner the perception of blueliner's value is off the charts.

So when we scapegoat Mitch for not dominated a series then everyone else gets called out.

NHL culture is down stream from Leafs culture and we both know it.

You’re the leafs fan other leafs fans apologize for. We both know it.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Yeah, when the Leafs are rebuilding the perceived value of draft picks is through the roof, when we're looking for a blueliner the perception of blueliner's value is off the charts.

So when we scapegoat Mitch for not dominated a series then everyone else gets called out.

All time levels of 0 self awareness. No the rest of us aren't terrible fans because you are.

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Really Fox? even injured he is playing better than Miller and Trouba.

at least he has a brain on him to know traffic is needed before letting shots off from the point

Miller and trouba let of wrist shots with no traffic and it is basic throw and catch from the goaltender.

Last edited:

Nogatco Rd

Did you just call me Coltrane?
Apr 3, 2021

Is it possible for a team to have a personality disorder? Because this is what it would look like

Reactions: Hntz

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Not sure if I’ve seen a big time player so clearly afraid of contact as him. Definitely not willing to take a hit to make a play. He’s been so soft its kind of hard to watch.

That's why I say Michkov will be successful in the league. He's as skilled as Panarin and has even higher IQ, but the main thing is he isn't afraid of going to dirty areas. I'm 125% sure Flyers won't have the same problem with Michkov as Rangers has with Panarin.

Btw Demidov will probably be better player than Panarin too. At least he isn't afraid of physical contacts.

KevinFinnerty

I bomb atomically...
Mar 7, 2020
St.Augustine

Nobody doubts the skill, the flash, the passion. But the guy seems to routine turn into a floater in the playoffs, and the last two years have been particularly glaring.

He’ll almost always collect points, but in terms of driving play or taking over games, Im not sure there are many guys in his price range that do it less when the games matter.

Thoughts?

it's like a coin toss...one toss is a 90 point season, the next a 120 point season, eh you win some you lose some. can't make heads or tails of it.

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
I think he's underrated if anything. He's not put in the Mack/Kuch tier, and fair enough, but he's only a hair below belonging in that group.

I'm pretty sure he's had a higher PPG rate than Crosby since he's been in the league (over the same time period, not career.)

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I think he's underrated if anything. He's not put in the Mack/Kuch tier, and fair enough, but he's only a hair below belonging in that group.

I'm pretty sure he's had a higher PPG rate than Crosby since he's been in the league (over the same time period, not career.)

If you are seen as a superstar and get some Hart mentions during the season yet keep underperforming in the playoffs how can that player be underrated?

Leafsfanperson

Jan 27, 2024
Is it possible for a team to have a personality disorder? Because this is what it would look like
Another zinger, add it to the pile.

Ok, go youtube channel talking about the entire NHL expect the Leafs and see what kind of attention you get.

You can't tell the truth on this site, it's a gong show of insipid comment. It's so low energy.

Reactions: Nogatco Rd

ColbyChaos

I am a made up country
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
Can’t believe last year New York fans really blamed one of the greatest playoff performers of our generation instead of putting any blame on their mid as hell forwards who consistently don’t show up when it matters.

ColbyChaos

I am a made up country
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
The only playmaking wingers who have dominated in the playoffs in recent history are Kane and Kucherov, and both of them were also on teams that were far more stacked than anything Panarin has played on including 2024 New York when they won and not that much to show other years (Kucherov getting frustrated and cheapshotting his way to suspensions when the playoffs don't go his way is a meme at this point). Marner, Panarin, Gaudreau, RNH, even Rantanen wasn't see as their top tier playoff guy when Colorado won. Trocheck also doesn't really seem to mesh with him stylistically as good as he has been. Panarin-healthy Strome-Buchnevich would been a very interesting line to see in the POs.
Kane and Kucherov were giant reasons why their teams won multiple cups a soft player like Panarin makes those hawks and Lightning teams a lot worse.

You can’t pretend New York is suddenly ass when you were harping about how great they were when they were up 3-0 to Carolina or even when they were up 2-1 to Florida.

Vivaldi

May 18, 2024
Kane and Kucherov were giant reasons why their teams won multiple cups a soft player like Panarin makes those hawks and Lightning teams a lot worse.

You can’t pretend New York is suddenly ass when you were harping about how great they were when they were up 3-0 to Carolina or even when they were up 2-1 to Florida.

They were "giant reasons" on the most stacked teams in recent history lol. Easier to play your game without getting double teamed by the best other teams have to offer when you have Keith, Toews, Hossa, Sharp, Seabrook and 10 other high end players or Hedman, McDonagh, Point, Vasilevsky and 10 other high end players taking care of offense, defense and physical play at a high level.

New York has always been ass lol, they have Mika Zibanejad as their 1C, Lindgren as their 1 LD, left wing bust as of 10 months ago Alex Lafreniere as their only nhl level RW who knows what hockey is and Jacob Trouba making 8 million as a poor man's Bryan Marchment. Just absolutely stellar goaltending masking much of that shoddy roster construction

Reactions: vtdevils2k

ColbyChaos

I am a made up country
Sep 27, 2017
Will County
They were "giant reasons" on the most stacked teams in recent history lol. Easier to play your game without getting double teamed by the best other teams have to offer when you have Keith, Toews, Hossa, Sharp, Seabrook and 10 other high end players or Hedman, McDonagh, Point, Vasilevsky and 10 other high end players taking care of offense, defense and physical play at a high level.

New York has always been ass lol, they have Mika Zibanejad as their 1C, Lindgren as their 1 LD, left wing bust as of 10 months ago Alex Lafreniere as their only nhl level RW who knows what hockey is and Jacob Trouba making 8 million as a poor man's Bryan Marchment. Just absolutely stellar goaltending masking much of that shoddy roster construction
Kane played with Hanzeus and a Brad Richards (who was fresh off a buyout) as his Cs for the 13 and 15 cups. No matter who he played with he showed up that is the difference between him and Panarin where there is constant talk how him and Zibanebad need a better winger to make them show up (while you are conviently ignoring his teams depth lol)

Hawks never had a legitimate 2C and the top line was always stacked with Toews Sharp and Hossa playing together.

You cant just swap Panarin and Kane and pretend he would be anywhere close to as good he doesnt have it in him and weve seen for almost 70+ playoff games of Panarin at this point to prove it.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

avgard

Jan 8, 2017
shitplayer box area. getting overmuch free minits in team . yang players not getting chanche to motor up while wildsurfer getting candy from coach team headquarters and feeling king. at this particulars needet lower minits to 13min/game at this point and many years ago to get other players to motor up

sir avgard hockeyprofessor

Bowski

That's not how we do things in Pittsburgh
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
shitplayer box area. getting overmuch free minits in team . yang players not getting chanche to motor up while wildsurfer getting candy from coach team headquarters and feeling king. at this particulars needet lower minits to 13min/game at this point and many years ago to get other players to motor up

sir avgard hockeyprofessor
b603dec2-afcb-417e-a96e-5b302b273c22_text.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad