Is Reimer the real deal?
Is Bernier the real deal?
Is Andersen the real deal?
Is Campbell the real deal?
Is Samsonov the real deal?
Is Woll the real deal?
Is Stolarz the real deal?

A tale as old as time.

Andersen was like a top 10 goalie for three years with the Leafs and has been solid for most of his career. I think your expectations are weird if you’re trying to paint him as a disappointment. Even a guy like Campbell was well worth what they paid him while in Toronto, playing the best of his bizarre career. There aren’t many Hellebuycks and Shesterkins out there, that group probably gave the Leafs roughly league average goaltending over the past decade which is better than well, half the league.

crab

Jan 26, 2019
Andersen was like a top 10 goalie for three years with the Leafs and has been solid for most of his career. I think your expectations are weird if you’re trying to paint him as a disappointment. Even a guy like Campbell was well worth what they paid him while in Toronto, playing the best of his bizarre career. There aren’t many Hellebuycks and Shesterkins out there, that group probably gave the Leafs roughly league average goaltending over the past decade which is better than well, half the league.

If “real deal” means providing average goaltending for a period of 2-3 years then there is a long list of goalies that are the “real deal”. I can see why a Leafs fan would consider that the real deal based on what they have had to experience and playoff success over many years.

BullyHockey

Dec 26, 2023
Good for him. But too early. Personally though, I think Woll is a legit stud of a goalie, was really impressed by him in that boston series; guy looks smooth but doesn't mean crap if you can't stay healthy.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Yes he's the real deal as a solid backup.

But plan the annual parade by all means in Toronto.
How do you jump from someone asking the question if Stolarz is legit to take on a bigger role than he has in the past to planning the parade? What did I miss here?

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
He's had a huge work load this year. No telling if he isn't over-worked for the playoffs. They really should have rested him a bit from time to time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad