Interesting Info: Part XXII (Jackets-related "tidbits" here)

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
"50-70 point very good two-way 2C with speed" is an entirely different player.

Really hard to score that much when you're a below average passer. Really hard to have speed when you have to skate with 100% energy output just to compensate for weak skating ability.
Yep, the speed part was my bone to pick when asked. I just think it’s interesting to see a fan of another team talking about a jackets player in a complimentary way, and important for us on our board not to only focus on the negatives.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018

I believe it was Seravalli that was absolutely sure that Jiricek was going to be amazing last year and that any struggles he had were because of the Jackets.

It was quite obvious watching Jiricek that there were more fundamental issues with his game that had nothing to do with the team. My only complaint is that we gave him far too many NHL games. He shouldn't have played 43. I just wouldn't ask Seravalli about the Blue Jackets.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I believe it was Seravalli that was absolutely sure that Jiricek was going to be amazing last year and that any struggles he had were because of the Jackets.

It was quite obvious watching Jiricek that there were more fundamental issues with his game that had nothing to do with the team. My only complaint is that we gave him far too many NHL games. He shouldn't have played 43. I just wouldn't ask Seravalli about the Blue Jackets.
“I saw a number of reports (reported by me) that seemed to indicate (whatever it was I was saying and am now repeating).”

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: MAHJ71 and Viqsi

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
1722946156696.png
1722946156696.png

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

From today's Athletic.

Anything surprise you?

Where would you expect biggest improvements to occur in the next survey of fans?

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
View attachment 899365View attachment 899365

From today's Athletic.

Anything surprise you?

Where would you expect biggest improvements to occur in the next survey of fans?

Was this taken before or after the GM/FO change? Seems like the scores are more a reflection of Jarmo, given that Waddell has only been in the job a few months.

Given the prolonged bottoming out (relative to the reload expectations) I'd expect improvements across the board in the next 1-2 years, provided the team keeps improving.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Was this taken before or after the GM/FO change? Seems like the scores are more a reflection of Jarmo, given that Waddell has only been in the job a few months.

Given the prolonged bottoming out (relative to the reload expectations) I'd expect improvements across the board in the next 1-2 years, provided the team keeps improving.
I'm assuming before, article didn't say or I missed it.

I'd expect good changes in all areas with Cap Management already getting a B from me. Free agency may still prove to be a problem until the team starts to show on ice improvement.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio

Vision? The fans certainly overrate that. I was not impressed with cap management at the end of the Jarmo regime but he was desperate to save his job. Thanks for posting - it points out that we have consistently overrated ever aspect of this team. It also probably reflect the league looking at us more for what we accomplished the last few seasons while the fans are ignoring that and looking forward and hoping our young guys reach their potential.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I'd say before.

I too would expect across the board improvment with Cap Management getting a B already because of the deals DW gave the RFAs.I think free agency will be slow to improve until the team shows on ce improvement. Also drafting is probably a B already based on this years draft although we won't know for a few years.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
View attachment 899365View attachment 899365

From today's Athletic.

Anything surprise you?

Articles had Dom's byline, so frankly I reflexively don't trust it even though his model doesn't enter into this.

Reactions: MAHJ71 and CBJx614

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Sponsor
Jul 13, 2022
Finland

Episode 1 is live!

Something wrong with that link (playlist?), here's a working link:

I hope they keep the Episode monikers there throughout the season and keep it simple with the Shorts if they do them (like .5 or something).

Edit: Wow didn't realize the Sphere was that big. Looks awesome. Good standard episode again, this series is up there with the best.

Last edited:

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I think it is unfair to Ryan Murray and Nolan Patrick. They were often injured. It was difficult for them to show their qualities.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jovavic

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Injuries is the most common reason high picks don't reach their potential. It's true for Murray, obviously, but it's also true for Gilbert Brule.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Injuries is the most common reason high picks don't reach their potential. It's true for Murray, obviously, but it's also true for Gilbert Brule.
Eh, I think Brule's inability to adapt hurt him as much as his injuries. Lots of blame to go around on that one. Team loved to put teenagers in the NHL

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad