Interesting Info: Part XXII (Jackets-related "tidbits" here)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
Nash, Jones, Johansen, PLD, … The current guy that I’d say has the talent but very little fire is Provorov.

It is not surprising that the fan favorites in Columbus are guys like Calvert, given how our “star” players have played.

I will die on this hill - Bob is the greatest Blue Jacket in the history of the club. He wanted to be out there. I am glad he has his name on the Cup and Nash doesn’t.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
They both lack passion for the game, only played because it was something they are good at
I dont believe that. I just think they are mild mannered I guess you could say and its hard to fake intensity.

In Nash's case atleast it was hard to be a 1 man show on a horrible team.

Reactions: thebus88

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
That's the impression I get from Jones.

I don't think he works at his game as much. He hasn't added anything, and he's seemed to lose skill over the years.

Anyways, why are we talking about Seth Jones? I'm as glad he's gone as I am for Laine.
Agreed. If you don't want to be here, I don't want you here.

Reactions: Fred Glover

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
Bally Sports is sticking around for at least one more season.

That said, if you have the patience for it, I think piracy is still a better option.
Outta state ESPN worked amazingly. Basically every game except local (Chicago and STL for me) and national games on NHLN.

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Soap was very funny and had some great performances. It’s a all-timer.

But to have missed any of John Ritter’s work is to be the lesser for it, the show’s scripts, content and target audience be damned.
I liked Ritter in Sling Blade. Took me a little bit to realize it was him. I think it was his hair that threw me. Dwight Yoakam was great in that also.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
I grew up in the backwoods. I wasn't allowed to watch Soap because of Billy Crystal.
I wasn't allowed to watch Maude or Mary Tyler Moore either, but I snuck that in at my grandmother's house.

Last edited:

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I grew up in the backwoods. I wasn't allowed to watch Soap because of Billy Crystal.
I wasn't allowed to watch Maude or Mary Tyler Moore either, but I snuck that in at my grandmother's house.

My dad wasn't exactly counter-culture, he voted Republican his whole life, but he had 8-tracks of Richard Pryor and George Carlin in the 70's that I would memorize.

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
I dont believe that. I just think they are mild mannered I guess you could say and its hard to fake intensity.

In Nash's case atleast it was hard to be a 1 man show on a horrible team.
I get it but he needed to show up for optional skates as a captain. Once the Dispatch started noting that you know the front office had pointed it out as well.
Also once he became captain the FO tied to supplement as much leadership around Nash as possible hoping he would grow into it.
Really nice guy, good player but worst thing he could have done was asked to be captain.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad